My son loves birds. We even have an interactive bird game before his bedtime which he loves to:)
Charm, you could go to the next level of the complaints process. You could ask them to appoint an independent investigator from the NSPCC to conduct a thorough Enquiry for example Thanks for that Colin. I think I'll do that obviously I can't do it in my son's case as he's 31 but this information is...
I been a carer for the last 24 years since I married my wife. I new she had mental health issues and I thought I could save her. We had 2 children and then lost 2 this sent my wife (understandably) into a down would spiral that she never recovered. I then had a life changing car crash because I was...
In an earlier carers assessment my social worker suggested that the council paid for me to have some education classes at the local college, but they had to lead to an educational qualification. I declined. 10 "O" levels, 3 "A" levels and an honours degree are surely enough for retirement. I've yet...
At 11.32 this morning I received the long awaited auditors report, referred to in my previous post. It was dated 16th May, raises a whole number of issues, including the lack of clear procedures and risk assessments. It makes a whole series of recommendations, none of which have been done, as far a...
Hi Charm, It was very obvious that the assessor had already read the file and decided what she thought she knew what was needed. However this time I had my advocate with me, he'd come half an hour earlier than the SW so I'd already told him what I wanted to discuss. Her finished document will be in...
I had my updated Carers Assessment this afternoon, it was tempting to either walk out or thump the stupid woman, but I was well behaved and did neither. Her suggestion for relieving my frustration wasn't to sort out the care providers, appointed by the LA. Instead, she wanted to hand over all M's f...
If only they were all like the hospital one you saw would be great. I have had a terrible time with them in Birmingham with my son. Really bad.
http://www.lgo.org.uk/decisions/adult-c ... 13-001-075
Colin_1705 wrote:If you were to ask the medical profession what their opinion is of Social services and social workers I feel sure the majority of doctors would say "I do not trust them"
I wouldn't say it's just doctors who would say that Colin either. :S