Hi Charm, welcome to the forum. My son is 38, he has SLD, can't read or write but fit and well. I believe life is all about living as well as we can, regardless of disability. Hey bowlingbun, Love your attitude towards disability. I have exactly the same attitude and it works brilliantly doesn't it...
Hiya Nicole, I have a son with autism and a number of other serious problems. He's 31. Firstly, I understand you totally. Secondly, try not to panic as your child will be more difficult if you do and you can not 'fight' autism as it is 'bigger than you'. Trying to 'fight' autism will exhaust you and...
Hi Susie, Thanks, for that. Do you think you might put a blog section on here soon? Can I bring mine & Cheeky Chops thread over here? It's about 120 replies long. If so where can I put it?
Feeling a bit lost here at the moment and wanted to blog.
My story. https://charmsbattleforjames.wordpress.com/ My Name is Charm I’m a mother of a 31-year-old son called James with complex disabilities..including Autism on the lower end..learning disabilities and seizures…When I asked the professionals about his future I was told there isn’t much hope…but ...
There is not 1 person caring in England who would be happy to find out that the rest of the British Isles who are caring in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are allowed to be paid via direct payment for care to someone they live with but those in ENGLAND are restricted by the say so of the L.A. ...