In this day & age, more and more carers are being refused proper help for their loved ones by Social Care & allocated Social Workers who are responsible for making adequate provision for all those who need it. Often deliberate cuts are made in order to save money...and a lengthy complaint procedure ...
Good Morning, [/color] :D As the moonlight fades and you begin your chores... The day is bright open up the shades... Then dream that every wish is yours... May each day always be the start of a great day... In the land of Humans no-one can walk anti-clockwise or clockwise at the same time rather w...
Hi Charm Sadly I've had experience of similar with a relative. I know there are more out there and it is still happening, mainly because the lack of support and/or other accomodation. I assume you know of, and are probably party to the 7 days of action campaign and of Mark Neary and his blogs? I ca...
Charm, that sounds a very negative experience. I've made suggestions based on my own experience. What positive suggestions would you make based on your own experience, when doing nothing simply isn't an option because you are totally exhausted? What can I say Bowlingbun? I just hope that things hav...
Charm, Does he live with you? How does he spend his days? Melly1 Hiya Melly, Yes he does live with me and has done all but 17 months while he was sectioned. He's been out of hospital over 10 yrs now but still on a section within the Community. I have carers for him but only because he was sectioned...
My son has been out of Hospital on a Section 117 for 10 plus years. When he was finally released from Hospital I gave myself a 40 percent chance of managing him alone. It was a 100% success though I worked very hard to get this result.
I'm writing this because it is the 11 th anniversary of my son being sectioned in a hospital because there was no respite available in this second City for a period of 5 years. All the beds were constantly blocked, mainly due to 'emergency and 'blocked' on 1 occasion for a period of 4 weeks while s...
You ring Social Services Complaints Officer at the LA Headquarters, not the local office, and demand emergency respite for your son. Make it absolutely clear that you CANNOT go on anymore. When was your last Carers Assessment updated, and his Needs Assessment? It should never have got to this point...
If any questions you can ask them here or contact one of the moderators ( our names are in green ). Very versatile , doubling up as traffic cops and parking attendants now , at no extra cost ... to us. Be thankfull they're around , always on the prowl ? Parking attendants have a nasty habit of doub...
We all need hope. From a humble ' hope my visit to my husband in the nursing home is good today' to future generations not having to go through what we do! I agree, your son is very fortunate to have you. Love and devotion can give so much strength. I do hope you manage time for yourself. Hiya Pet6...