Advocacy Matters is good but their funding has been cut a while ago...I wonder why? Very hard to get one from there now.
VoiceAbility are rubbish Chris. They came out take time up and tell you to DIY and don't support or keep in contact...all for the services.
I've been totally ignored several times asking for an advocate by social care this year. I guess they are scared to allocate me one these days as they probably know I can do it on my own. It's just difficult when I haven't got the time and they ignore. It's only a matter of time before SS have to pu...
There are several Social Care " Manuals " out there. Just type SOCIAL CARE MANUAL into a Google search ... add adults / children / an illness ... for more specific ones. Would be " Interesting " to learn just how much input there is from the end user ... a carer / caree ... in all of these .... ? P...
Okay troops , please feel free to tear this one to bits , especially the guidance sections as opposed to actual experiences : http://carers.ripfa.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Evidence-scope-final.pdf A mere 29 pages to play with .... Thanks for that Chris, I have just sent it off to 'the Directorate' ...
BB, It strikes me it's very strange your son who's 38 is saying that he's moderate because I guess he wouldn't understand what moderate is compared to severe...Do you think he's been spoken to?
I know what 'that something' is too. It's so social care don't consider for as much support as they REALLY need. Changing from severe as a child to moderate as an adult must be for that purpose.
I think the biggest problem at the moment is the computerisation of all client records. Busy social workers/care managers don't read enough of the past history. Emails are loaded onto the system, but not always read. My son's recently decided he had moderate, rather than severe learning difficultie...
What I intended to convey is that some bad parents, say with drug or alcohol abuse problems manage to "pull the wool over the eyes of some social workers" I think it comes down to imperfect training of social workers I think the truth of that is that they don't pull the wool over the Social Workers...