[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I read this morning that those on the "front line" will get a 30% pay rise during the pandemic?! Hiya Bowlingbun, It's amazing how the government has pulled out all this money to help others in this crisis but never have they been fair to 'informal carers'. I actually take offense to this as do mos...
I agree with all you say. The Care Act was brought in to give more choice and control to give the elderly and disabled a better life, more fulfilling life, that they can live in the community with the right support. But I haven't seen any changes if anything care has got worse not better. Services ...
Yep ... interlocks with the main thread ... currently in the CAMPAIGNS section : https://www.carersuk.org/forum/news-and-campaigns/campaigns-petitions/suspension-of-the-care-act-act-immediately-40083 Clap for the NHS ! Pray for carers and their carees ? Abandoned / expendable / ignored / treat as s...
I was reading the coronavirus bill, that was speedily passed through parliament before any carers organisations could complain about the relaxation of social care and obviously the Nhs and their previous responsibilities. Responsibilities they did not take seriously previously, in many care need cas...
well done charm, how dare they treat you like that. they thought they could intimidate you even before your meeting. sound like it was all planned like that to me. hang on in there and feel proud of yourself. Thanks, Pamela, The treatment has been going on too long, to be honest. I also think they ...
Well done. Having attended similar meetings I know you will feel utterly exhausted, but proud. Hiya Bowlingbun, I did feel exhausted afterward for sure. It shouldn't be like that either. The social worker wants to come out a do an assessment mainly to satisfy the department's paperwork. She made an...
So the meeting went ahead on Friday. I wouldn’t say it was the best meeting I’ve ever been to. There is a long way to go before anything can ever be put right and many promises made. So far without substance but not to say there won’t be substance coming forward. To start with, the meeting itself wa...
Hiya Londonbound, I know how distressing it is to be ignored and how frustrating it is. The services do this when they don't wish to help. It's also difficult to put into words to others as when it gets to that stage. it's normally like you say a whole number of services who let us down. Like domino...
Even if your loved one clearly qualifies they will down score the DST document. They will delay and refuse to budge. I never got a decision letter on any occasion from them. The social worker did his uttermost to rid his department of my son's package and got nowhere with CHC. They stood firm and re...
I wouldn't put up with it. When you next go out leave Metallica playing at full volume, for several hours until your neighbours get the message.