[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>I got completely 'browned off' by this problem.Some Care Assistants were good, most did the minimum and could leave after 15mins. My husband had to be hoisted and I had 2 care assistants 4 X day. Then my Social Services care manager told me about Direct Payments(? now personal budgets) where you ...
<t>Social Services should do a new Multidisciplinary assessment together with her GP and nurse. You are entitled to 3hrs a week(I think) of respite. You should mention about the Brownie pack. Mine was going to Church once a week.You can be helped with this if you Register with your GP as a Carer and...
<t>It is important to put into your routine a break away every 2-3months. I didn't initially and got Shingles.My husband still expected his annual holiday and he was doubly incontinent and confined to a wheelchair.I had some odd holidays with him in Nursing homes!<br/> Register as a Carer with your ...
<t>It is almost always universal that all older people, especially those over 85yrs and those with an element of Dementia, have entered 2nd childhood and only think of their needs.Unfortunately, they always seem to treat those they love the most,- the worst.<br/> I can say this as an ExCarer,for my ...
I know this is some time ago.Citizens Advice Bureau is very good on these things and also your local carer support network.Actually Carers UK themselves should be able to help. Hope you resolved this.
Bridget
<t>I think you have done a marvellous job. Look at section on Guilt and resentment.Cared for can use enormous emotional blackmail. Start by getting Respite for yourself, for an hour or two, then longer.<br/> I know, I had a wake up call when I got Shingles and was advised to go away for a few days e...
<t>My view is that Chronic Disease care needs to be more Community based.As Carer Ambassador in Derbyshire, if we can get more carers to register with their GP, so the Government knows the numbers involved and get GPs to work with Carers there could be more emergency care in the Community instead of...
Thanks for the info.
Bridget Leech Carer Ambassador Derbyshire