[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you all, in answer to finance it is a no and a no (sorted a long time ago). Prep List; 1. Ask if CHC funding assessment has been done and ask for a copy days before meeting (NHS trust wont be named but worst in country) 2. Call Nursing Home Manager and ask opinion 3. Prepare list of questions ...
Hi All, I love this forum and all the posts I have learned so much about care and dementia. My Mum 84 with Vascular Dementia (Moderate 2 Years). Fell and broke her neck (C1 C2), was given 24 hours twice, has fought off pneumonia, got back up on her feet and can walk accompanied with zimmer frame. Ma...
Thanks for reply and link Melly,

They have placed her in a hard collar that has enclosed her neck and is supporting her head. The link is useful but does not go into detail about injury without spinal cord damage and not optimistic that someone would survive with this type of injury.
Thank you Jenny, the consultant has been very truthful, he gave her 24 hours when the pneumonia set in. We did not withdraw treatment as that is not my Mum's advanced care wishes fluids and antibiotics. There are according to the hospital no geriatric spinal units (80+). The hospital that she is in ...
Happy New Year All My Mum who has vascular dementia has had a fall and has broken her neck. She has fractures of C1 and unstable C2, the consultant is not hopeful and everyone is surprised that she has survived for the last two weeks. She is currently in hospital but the care is not great and she is...
Gillian I hope things have calmed down a little bit for you. My advice is to be prepared, you need to put your needs first before your Mum's. If she refuses any care, blood tests etc she can but you can also force SS hand by applying to become a deputy for your Mother if you do not have POW. This is...
Hi Tracy I hope you have enjoyed your break. Personally I found it very useful to have a diagnosis of vascular dementia, the consultant was great and organised occupational therapy and physiotherapy for Mum. (she also prescribed menmatine) in an effort to slow memory loss. (although I believe this i...
Hi Tracey Welcome to the site. This dementia works in very strange ways, I quickly learned not to ague with my Mum or correct her or to find words for her unless she asked me. I put the memory in to two categories. 1. She has forgotten it happened or 2. She has thought about or mixed it up with some...
Hi Tracey Welcome to the forum, I have found it very useful and everyone so supportive. You seem to be doing a fantastic job. My own Mum is 84 and is in second stage vascular dementia (or moderate as they call it). I have watched the progression of this disease, having had no experience of any elder...
Hi Amanda Welcome, I am a recent joiner also and have had some fantastic advise on here from very supportive members. You have had much advice but I will make the following points. Like me it sounds to late for Power of Attorney, but you can seek permission from court to be her representative if she...