[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Actually, to me it sounds as if you are winning, so don't despair. She was never going to give in on the first day. By being firm and consistent, you are showing that you really do mean it and you are not going to change your mind (which you need to do out of respect for your wife, and her house). ...
<t>She's back and let herself in yesterday (we forgot to lock the door). It was raining and I was in the kitchen about to serve diner, she came marching past me and the food in pans on the hob heading for the sink where she shook her umbrella over the colander I was about to use. I explained what sh...
<t>She’s back and let herself in yesterday stinky as ever bearing gifts of chocolates and biscuits, luckily we had just finished diner and she only stayed long enough to eat an ice cream then left refusing a lift home leaving the usual stench trail. She must be very lonely but that’s the price you p...
<t>It was good to hear you were successful in getting your mother into the new shower and I think you deserve an award for bravery above and beyond the call of duty in the face of extreme adversity. Unfortunately I have to report my dilemma is no nearer a solution and after my last frank talk with h...
<t>I visited her bungalow twice yesterday and she was out both times. She turned up at 6.45pm to find me throwing out 4 rotting apples from her fridge and cleaning and bleaching the black mould from fridge base and boxes. <br/> To cut a long and tiring story short, she told me the reason that she di...
I absolutely agree, stereotyping and compartmentalising folk just does not work. My mother’s 81 year old sister is the exact opposite and while I am not sure how often she washes, she never smells bad and is always dressed nicely.
<t>I went to her bungalow at lunchtime today, but she was out and most likely wondering the streets, at her sisters or steaming on the bus to the neighbouring town. <br/> I wrote her a message on the note pad she leaves on the table for that purpose, there are 2 note pads and both are almost full of...
<t>Hi and thanks for the encouragement but I am less than optimistic as we have been at this stage several times before. I doubt if she will ever change but I will visit her again today, (if she’s in) and tell her that she has to keep herself clean or risk losing me, her grandson and my wife. If I p...
<t>Hi SheWolf<br/> I really appreciate your advice and encouragement which I know comes from a kind heart and the pain of personal experience, thank you. <br/> <br/> I took mother to visit her sisters grave yesterday on the anniversary of her death. (see my other post) Although my mother never talks...
<t>Hi SheWolf<br/> Wow, I thought I had it bad, but you have far more to cope with than me and you seem to handle the problems with such ease, how do you do it! <br/> My main problem is my mother’s lack of cooperation and I guess my soft hearted approach, always giving in to her none compliance. <br...