[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Another twist in the saga today. My mothers care home have finally given me a bill for the amount they say she has too pay towards five months residential care and its almost £2000. No one at the care home or social services has ever discussed with me how much she would have to contribute and how th...
Hi Elaine and thanks for the info. What is COP? I have just returned form my mothers bank and all they have done is set up a brand new account in my name, which is totally separate from my mothers account, which is still up and running. I now have to convince DWP and private pension company to pay i...
Hi BB and Henrietta. Many thanks for this info its very helpful. My mother has always lived in council rented accommodation up until December 2015 when she had a fall and had to go into hospital where she spent three weeks before being transferred into a care home, initially for re-enablement then r...
I helped my mother open a her first and only bank account many many years ago when the factory she worked in changed from paying cash weekly to a paid monthly bank account system. She has never really understood how the banking system works so for many years I have been handling the account for her ...
Eun wrote:Can I just say these people are Care Workers NOT carers - we who do it unwaged are carers, thank you.

Absolutely right Eun, too many do not care.
Thanks for the info Bowlingbun, but what is SSD, does it have any relation to STD. ;)
Irene_1509 I know what you have been through although I took a slightly different approach to get the service my mother was paying for. Before my mother went into a care home in January this year, she had carers who came in for 15 minutes every day, mainly to administer tablets. I hid a camera and w...
I think a complaint about my mothers social worker is long over due but in my experience these people tend to band together and cover up for each others mistakes so I doubt its worth my time and effort. I am so fed up with all the other errors I keep uncovering in the care home and the constant comp...
The council have sent a letter to my mothers empty bungalow saying she has rent arrears amounting to nearly £300 and if she is no longer eligible for housing benefit she needs to make a payment to clear the arrears. She has not been notified by anyone that her housing benefit has stopped so this is ...
Interesting comments on a sensitive issue. The manager knows her job and means to point the ship in the right direction. She is very approachable, able to empathize, listens and does take action where needed. Things have improved and they needed too. I have not made myself popular this past 5 months...