[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
This morning Carers UK has released our State of Caring report which shows the huge personal and financial cost of caring unpaid for a loved one. The report is based on the results of our 2019 State of Caring Survey of over 7,500 people currently caring unpaid for family or friends, the majority of ...
Dear WorriedDD Thank you for posting in the forum. I'm sorry to hear about this situation with your mother and father which must be very worrying for you. In addition to the helpful suggestions from other members, I would also suggest that you contact Refuge and Women's Aid on your mother's behalf, ...
Hi Caron Kim Thank you for posting on the forum. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having a really tough time in your caring role recently. In addition to the helpful suggestions from other members, I would also suggest that you contact Refuge and women's aid, both of which have freephone 24 hour h...
Hi My name is Vanessa. My husband and daughter are both in receipt of PIP. Two years ago it became impossible for me to work any longer. It would be a great help if I could claim Carers' Allowance for both of them, but I can't. Comments/views are very welcome. Thanks for your post Vanessa. As our h...
I am the carer for my daughter who has Asperger's. My daughter has turned 16 so I have had to apply for PIP rather than DLA. My daughter's assessment interview is next week but I received a letter from the Department today saying my carers allowance would stop from next month. Is this normal practi...
Dear Carers UK members On this first day of Carers Week 2019 Carers UK has released new research which shows that the UK's unpaid carers are seven time lonelier than the general public. The research also finds that there are a potential 8.8 million adult carers in the UK, a large increase from the 6...
Hello Jas I'm sorry to hear that you've been having such a tough time in your caring situation. As well as receiving online support from other carers on our Forum, you might also find it helpful to contact one or more of the following organisations to talk through the issues you've described. If you...
Hi Amanda As your post is a request for advice, I've forwarded it to the Carers UK Helpline and one of our expert advisers will be in touch within the next 10 working days. If you need to contact the Helpline again, you can call them on 0808 8087777 on Monday or Tuesday from 10am to 4pm, or email at...
Thanks Rosemary and others for your thoughts on this. In the Membership and Volunteering team we have 2.5 staff supporting 23,000 members and 450 volunteers, as well as overseeing the forum. We read the forum every day but unfortunately we don't have the capacity to contribute to as many threads as ...
Following the responses in this thread to NHShater's (nowD1706) goodbye message, I wanted to explain why we removed her thread yesterday. This member started a thread with the title 'I want to hit P's district nurse and threaten to kill her'. This was in clear breach of our Community Guidelines whic...