Thanks Rosemary, I've just put a bundle of our 'Looking After Someone' and membership leaflets in the post for you, this time to the right address! If any other members would like some, please let us know by emailing membership@carersuk.org In response to your other question, yes, we monitor the For...
Rosemary, I'm really sorry you still haven't received the guides you asked for. I'm sure we sent around 20 on the day you last asked for them so will email you separately to check that we have your correct address.

Michael
Hello Craig Welcome to the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having a really difficult time recently, but glad you've found the initial supportive responses from other Carers UK members helpful. As well as contacting Samaritans and the student support and wellbeing team at your university, w...
Hello Ben I'm really sorry to hear that you and your family have been having such a tough time in the past few weeks. Our online Forum is a really supportive online community and I'm pleased that you've joined us and have already received some supportive suggestions from other members, including con...
Thanks to Chris and Simon for sharing the National Audit Office's report into overpayments of Carer’s Allowance which was published last week. This report showed that the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is detecting significantly more overpayments of the benefit and is seeking more repayments...
I just wanted to thank our moderator Melly1 and all other members who posted such supportive messages to Karen_190412 over the long weekend when Carers UK staff were unavailable. This was really appreciated and was another great example of the Forum being such a supportive community of carers and fo...
Hi Liz I am really sorry to hear about the boy you are caring for. It sounds as though he is facing many difficulties. He is lucky that you have been there for him for the last 18 months in such a selfless way. Organisations like Mind provide a wealth of information and support to anyone affected by...
Hi Sarah I'm sorry to hear that you're having a tough time at the moment. It is common for people with dementia to lose interest in food and drink. The Alzheimer’s Association has some really helpful information on this at https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-support/daily-living/eating-drinking . As c...
Hi Stephen It's great to hear that you've found the Forum a helpful source of support during the past three years. I hope that you will continue to contribute to our online community of carers and former carers in the months and years to come. As long as your posts follow our Community Guidelines (e...
So Michael Do you or anyone else at Carers UK have any ideas for our very own Melly who is about to drop the juggling ball through no fault of her own? To enable her to work in a very important job as special needs teacher which has set hours, following cuts to pay for her disabled adults some tran...