[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Dear Jaymarie, please dont underestimate what you do. You are spending a lot of time with her doing practical things, but its the constant demands that can get very wearing.
Dont listen to the guilt monster.
Hi Anna I am caring for my husband who was involved in a road accident 20years ago. He has a TBI with temporal lobe damage, so he has speech problems, he is unsteady on his feet, has hand tremor, uncontrolled epilepsy and cognitive/memory problems . Sort of the same but very different :!: Hubby was ...
What a lovely photo sajehar :D
Im glad your mum enjoyed her day
Diane_1505 wrote:For the time being I'll pretend that my phone has died and wait for an angry call at some stage
Sounds a good plan. The innocent (and truthful) "well, nobody told me you were coming home" response might take the wind out of their sails a bit. :whistle:
Hang on to your tin hat next week :dry:
Hi Teresa and welcome
I care for my husband with a traumatic brain injury, cognitive problems and epilepsy and my Mum has Alzheimers.
Have a look round the forum and feel free to join in anywhere. If you want to ask a specific question then its best to start a new topic so it doesnt get overlooked.
The Occ Therapist did say that after she was discharged to home I could arrange for her to go into care - does anyone know how this affects the financial aspect? Do the council still provide the 12 weeks before taking the house into account and deferred payment option? If you are discharged to a ca...
Oh Jess, Im so sorry, but you are not the first person that this has happened to :( I should imagine that you have not been consulted because your mum has been deemed as having capacity. I would also lay money on her having told them that she wants to go home and, yes, of course you will look after ...
Hello Diane and welcome to the forum. Im so sorry that your mum has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, which must be upsetting for you. As a several other people on here will also tell you, you do not have to be a carer. There may be a lot of emotional blackmail from your family, but you do not ha...
Paula, I am actally really concerned about you as I think you may be heading towards carer breakdown. It is not fair on you for all your family to be phoning you constantly like this and you have no need to feel guilty. It sounds like there is a lot of emotional blackmail going on. I really do think...
PS - I know you havent asked about this, but it might be worthwhile checking that your dad knows about Attendance Allowance (if shes of retirement age) or PIP (if shes working age) and is claiming it. If your dad is working age then if she gets AA or PIP then he should be able to claim for Carers Al...