[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello worrywort, Im so sorry to hear about your mum. I understand where you are coming from as my mum has been diagnosed with Alzheimers and had the same problems as your mum - particularly the wandering. She is now in a care home. The LA are only interested in deprivation of assets once your mum ru...
Dear Theresa, I think you sound extremely depressed - which is an occupational hazard for carers! I think it might be a good idea to go and explain to your GP how you feel and maybe get some help. I think you have been spending all your time looking after your children and perhaps havent been lookin...
Hi Henrietta Firstly, has dad got a UTI or constipation which might make him more confused? Does he sleep at night in his armchair, or is he either sleeping through the day or even, hardly at all? If he is either sleeping through the day, or not very much at all then it sounds like he has got his bi...
Hello Chris I agree, you sound like a very caring man in difficult circumstances. I dont know much about Autism/Aspergers, but there are a couple of things I do know. One is that dealing with a problem professionally when you are not emotionally involved, finish at the end of the day and go on holid...
Its lovely to hear about your mum :)
Its often the "silly little things" that trigger off the good times and make for good memories.
xx
The problem with glaucoma is that it destroys the retina, so that even if a cataract is removed there may be very little/no improvement in the sight. The surgery itself is pretty simple. Its done under a local anesthetic as a day case and no stitches are used as the incision is really tiny. You do n...
Hello Miss Hopeful and welcome.
Im sorry to hear about your husband, I do hope that he is now getting help.
It is not selfish to acknowledge that it is hard for you too.
It is indeed a roller-coaster Anna. It can take quite a while for the full extent of the injuries to be apparent with a TBI. Even now - 20 yrs later - hubby is going under further tests and investigations as they think there are problems that havent been previously picked up :( . Not that its like t...
Hi Paul, your life certainly is complicated. You have a lot of things to deal with, so please think very carefully about having your uncle coming to live with you. Caring from a distance is very different from having someone living with you. As you work so many hours your uncle will still be lonely ...
Hi Paul and welcome to the forum I am sorry to hear about your sister. It must be difficult to take over your uncles care while you are still grieving yourself. My first thought was - if you are now having to care for him when it used to take 2 of you, then you are going to need help. Do you have an...