PS - my understanding is that when you are only talking about 'extra care' - ie, paying for care workers to come to his house - only his SAVINGS and income are taken into account to see if he qualifies for 'free' extra care. The value of his house will NOT be taken into consideration by the state. ...
Yes I am under 60, I am 41. I have heard of CHC funding via this website, will go down that road depending on diagnosis. Have not looked at nursing homes yet but know the house will be used to pay for it.
Hello, thanks for your advice!. The SS are putting in place an emergency package which started today with a carer coming for 30 mins in the morning and the evening which will help until they complete the financial assessment. Will have to get on to the GP about the incontinence, have been on to them...
I am the main carer and only family in this country for my Dad who is 83. I live with him in his house. He was diagnosed with parkinsonism two years ago has mild memory problems and had a pacemaker fitted last year. In July my Dad was admitted to hospital via A&E with dehydration and a UTI. After a ...
Following on from previous post. I booked a GP appointment for my Dad as after doing well for a few days after discharge he was experiencing dizziness, weakness, swollen feet and ankles and going to toilet more. GP said his blood count iron levels were low based on the tests the hospital did and tha...
Yes the delirium only lasted a day each time. Was scary, i thought maybe they had given him wrong medication
My Dad 83, was admitted via A&E earlier this month on a Sunday with dehydration and a UTI. He was in for a week moving from a sideroom to three different wards in the week. Discharged on Saturday with follow up to be done be GP after two weeks and put on waiting list for physio. Had to readmitted th...
I am the main carer for my elderly father who is 83 and has parkinsonism and a heart condition (pacemaker). Earlier this month he took ill and had to be admitted to hospital with a UTI and dehydration. Dad was in hospital for a week, discharged and then readmitted the next day for three days!. As hi...