Well my Dad is still in hospital but much much better. They have referred him to a rehabilitation hospital for one of two weeks after discharge for physiotherapy to strengthen him before coming home. My work place has said if I need four to six months off it would be a break in contract and I would ...
My workplace has now changed the goal posts and say a sabbatical is no longer an option and HR wants to know why I need such extended leave! Why bring up sabbatical leave all week only to say it is not possible now?. I wish they were just straight from the start. Sorry for the additional rant, stres...
Hi, thanks yes I am going to insist on the rehabilitation before he comes home. Hoping I don't get a call soon saying they are discharging him today! The SS decision was made after completing the formal financial assessment form.
The hospital physio is now advising a rehabilitation hospital for one or two weeks so my Dad can have intensive physio before coming home. Now to persuade my Dad that this would be good for him! The hospital now pushing for discharge tomorrow
After a week of my Dad being in hospital for a c. diff. infection, they say he is ready for discharge just waiting for me to say what day!. He seems a little better but still has some pain and is still on antibiotics and in a side room. His appetite is still low as well - hospital food not great. Se...
After a week of my Dad being in hospital for a c. diff. infection, they say he is ready for discharge just waiting for me to say what day!. He seems a little better but still has some pain and is still on antibiotics and in a side room. His appetite is still low as well - hospital food not great. Se...
jenny lucas wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:26 am
Any chance you could move to one of the flexi-working departments???!!
I have asked but unfortunately most of those positions are full time. Coincidentally I would have been a part time care worker if I did not take this job as I was offered both jobs at the same time last year.
Tricky decision, I was in similar boat and I chose to leave work. I opted to look after Dad which turned out to last 5 years- much longer than I would have anticipated given all his health issues. I opted to do part time care work along side caring for dad which gave me an outside interest, differe...
My workplace have offered me some options, one of which is sabbatical leave for three or six months. At the moment that is the path I will most likely take, but am taking advice.
Thanks for all your advice. Dad is still in hospital and has his appetite back. They will do a further endoscopy on Thursday to find out what exactly is going on. Unfortunately he is very confused again, prior to this my Dad has only ever been admitted to hospital once in July this year where he als...