Yes residential care is very much in the picture, complicated by the fact I live in my Dad's house, but I only want the best for him for his health and safety. I am seeing a IFA for a consultation next week to discuss paying for care and asset management. Dad would have to self fund. The only other ...
An update: things have been a bit tough with having Dad back home. Had to call an ambulance on the first morning as he slipped of the bed and didn't want me to help him up. Luckily when they checked him over everything was fine and I bought another bed rail for added safety and he has been ok since....
I am glad my Dad is finally coming home. Upset myself a bit by reading up on Parkinsons Dementia, although I always knew it could be that and not hospital delirium. Hopefully the medication will improve his memory bit and slow down the progression. Carers will be coming in three times a day to start...
Update. My Dad is being discharged tomorrow with care package in place. He has been seen by a memory doctor and they have made a diagnosis of Parkinsons Disorder Dementia as most people with hospital delirium tend to improve in a rehab care home setting while my Dad has not. Doctor prescribed patch ...
Meeting with the social services confirmed for tomorrow morning at the care home!
I live with him and he owns the house. We had a financial assessment before he went into hospital and he will have to pay for care. I am well under 60. Meeting with social services maybe arranged for Friday next week as I am away for most of the week. Have many things to sort out financial and legal...
Yes I did mention NHS continuing healthcare and will bring it up again at the proper meeting with the social services.
Hello again!. My Dad is still in the rehab home. He was due to be discharged on the 5th November (4 weeks) but has another urine infection so will stay in a bit longer. Got a call from his physiotherapist to come in for a meeting today,and basically goal posts changed again. Now they are saying alth...
He hasn't got dementia. The post hospital NHS rehabilitation is for up to four weeks. Prior to this year July he had never been admitted to hospital before, the second hospital admission was due to negligence from the hospital on the first admission. Right now the rehab care home is the best place f...
An update, my Dad was finally transferred to a rehabilitation unit care home this week, one day after they finally turned on the heating in his side room in the hospital ( well that's another issue! ). The care home is very nice, comfortable and new and he has already started to receive daily physio...