[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Really awkward situation for me because I'm too soft. One of our carers didn't turn up for a double up tea time call, so the single carer dealt with Mum alone. Later that day the "no show" carer came for the bed time call but also signed to say they had been here at the tea time call. I realise this...
I think the question that needs to be answered is.. Do you spend 35 hours a week caring for your mam? The post started with the complaint that your carers allowance had stopped. As a typical carer I spend over 100 hours a week with my Mum, the missing 68 is when she is sleeping sound and I get some ...
Today has been more positive, carers saying how easy the key safe is to use. One carer saying she hadn't seen one like it before (I went out of my way to buy a safe with big buttons).. I'm also having a motion sensor light fitted on Wednesday so they can see the safe when it gets dark. Other than pr...
I fitted the key safe after two young lads knocked and when I ignored them, they came onto our property looking through our windows. It scared me. "What if Mum was alone in the room", "What if they decided to walk through our front door"... Yet today Mums morning carers happily walked off without lo...
Please take this post as a joke. Just like I take Mums carers annoyances as a joke. I finally had a key safe and camera fitted. Certain paid carers are not happy. they have to spend an extra 2 minutes to access our house. Some of them are so stupid, they don't realise I can hear what they are saying...
I share your concerns my friend, but unfortunately FOI only applies to public owned companies.
Mum and I are also lucky, we use a family run pharmacy and get free delivery. The Man who does the deliveries is so lovely, I've told him not to knock, just pop in and hand the prescriptions to Mum if I'm not around. It's funny that this is on the back of a big advertising campaign by BOOTs about pr...
This may come across as wrong, but I'm sure the stupid little receptionist went home and told her partner how she'd stopped someone from getting the flu jab. "He kept begging for common sense, but I said no, rules are rules" I've spoken to my GP who instantly put things right, I hope she also had a ...
I phoned our GP and unfortunately jobsworth receptionist of the year answered. She added Mum to the home visit, but seemed to make it her mission to not let me have a simple flu jab at the same time. Firstly I was told I was "Low Priority as I was only a Carer". When I stated if someone was coming t...
Its that horrible time of year again when flu kicks in!

Its also my first year looking after Mum at home when I can't take her to get the flu jab.

How do you get the flu jab delivered to your door?