[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Our solicitor says Mum can't grant power of attorney to me, even though she wants to as she has aphasia following a stroke. I'm scared that if it goes to the court of protection all power is going to be taken away from both of us? I quit my job to care for Mum, we lead a simple life, she likes to ea...
Dr Mikey Davies (avoid this man at all costs) spent 20 minutes with my Mum after we waited over 2 months for him to contact us, after which he determined she did not have mental capacity. He asked questions about children, names etc. despite the fact she was clearly distressed. Asked her to write an...
I didn't think POA gave you a free licence to spend someone's money? What is happening to you is awful, I know your Dad is ill, but does he talk about either of you? Have you asked what he wants.....? Ask him to write something or say something to your sister as she obviously doesn't have his best i...
It so happens we changed solicitors because of the six week wait, a Dr Mike Davies, who kept promising to call but never did. It broke my heart that our new solicitor also wanted to use the same Dr (again he promised to call but never did). Then just as I'd phoned our new solicitors saying I was don...
Can I ask about mental capacity? Our solicitor wanted us to go to our GP, who talked to Mum and happily wrote a letter stating that in her opinion Mum had full mental capacity. The solicitor said this wasn't sufficient and asked for permission to write to our GP, duly given. Solicitor came back and ...
Thank you to everyone for the kind replies. I have to say the use of the word "helicopters" made me smile, it is so appropriate... My Dad died without a will, and his inheritance is worth around £150,000...which now goes to Mum under the laws of Intestacy...Our solicitor insisted on paying for a Dr ...
Five months ago my Dad passed away leaving me to look after my Mum (Whom I dearly love), since her stroke in 2010 she struggles with small things and hates being left alone. I duly quit my job and am now a full time carer. Since then our solicitor has had a Dr look at Mum and declared her mentally u...