[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Adam, I "think" I understand what you are going through, but everyone is different. I'm 40, male and care for my Mum after her second stroke. The only difference is that you've been manipulated into the situation and the family should hang there heads in shame, especially your Mums partner. Visit...
This forum has given you nothing but kindness and helpful advice, while YOU David, just throw it back in the kind, caring peoples faces. I'm in need of help myself but I'm willing to take a backburner as your needs are greater. Either you want help or you don't? But don't be rude to those who try to...
I get the feeling Mums bank is just going to shut me down, it's disappointing that in this day and age you have to spend 17 minutes talking to a call centre just to send a message to your local branch.
So anyways to help deal with the bank and their legal responsibilities, greatly appreciated!
Sorry for the long time in replying. Mum is refusing to eat, drink and I'm just worried sick. My Sister doesn't live with us and has been a no show since my Dad passed away, our Social Worker seems to think the sun shines out of my sister's bottom as they used to work together (awkward for me). I'm ...
Don't worry about appearing hard faced, I'm just glad for the replies and need to harden up myself a little. Mum was released from hospital 12 days ago following a 2nd stroke, back to our home on a re-enablement package, Mum and I live in a Bungalow, which is where it gets complicated as it's jointl...
Mum is way over the 23,250 limit, but as her savings are split between an ISA, Bonds and Investments, no one can touch her funds without a POA or COP of which I have neither. We are due to start self funding on the 26th November and I've been told Mum doesn't have the mental capacity for a POA and t...
Hi Thomas, While I can't help, I can tell you of my experience of the same thing. My Mum was diagnosed with Aphasia after a stroke in 2010, we were told by the SALT team that Mum's speech should slowly recover. As time went on it never did, generally Mum would hear a word and repeat it over and over...
Hi Elizabeth, This is what the carers forum is for and I wish you nothing but love and hugs. I'm in a similar situation where a family member wants to take money from my Dads estate for her own gain, despite not having the time of day for her Mum. To put it simply, its NOT OK for your sisters to "lo...
Thanks all, I plan to ring the Community Health Team tomorrow and explain the situation, although I fear this will get me nowhere. We have carers in three times a day and the fact I've been told we need two at a time shows its unrealistic for me to spend time measuring Mums urine when I'm on my own ...
Thank you Chris, it's so nice to know your not alone. As you said, times have changed, for the worse. I have no choice but to fudge the form, I'm not sitting Mum on a jug to count how many millimetres of wee she's done, or looking at her stool trying to work if its a sausage or partly formed stool (...