[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
It's a topic that needs reviewing by the Government. The woman from our LA sighed a massive breath of relief when she was told my Mum would be self funding "Good it saves me having to do a financial assessment". exact words out of the overpaid, lazy woman's mouth. In hindsight I wish I'd insisted on...
Ask either your GP or a social worker to put you into contact with the areas Carers Community. It no doubt differs from area to area, but if I become ill, Mum gets 72 hours free care and more importantly every 6 months I have 25 hours free care when I can call and someone will watch Mum while I get ...
Something I learned last week, a practitioner isn't a qualified social worker. Just a fancy name given by the Council to make you think they are important. Important to know, I thought I'd been dealing with social services, when in fact it was a jumped up office worker crunching numbers on how much ...
That's really useful feedback guys, thank you one and all. To me it felt like I was about to sign my Mums death warrant, but it's really about the best for her if the worse happens. The knowledge that Mum will continue to be treated as normal is reassuring. My GP told me that if her parent were in t...
Does anyone out there have any experience of these and whether I should agree to it?. My sisters idea and when I talked to my GP she sided with my Sister, so the GP is coming out Monday to discuss it. Mum is getting better by the day, starting to walk around without her zimmer, which is scary, but g...
Write an official letter of complaint to your LA, being sure to name names, whether they like it or not they will be forced to investigate the matter and if the person concerned has previous he will get a disciplinary. At the very least it will keep him away from you for the period of investigation ...
It does become obvious at some point that an average Social Worker is a 9-5 tool, mine is totally incompetent. Promised me pressure pads for my Mums bed and seat, promised me one days care while I could rest, she forgot the lot. I talked to her about Mums financial state, her advice was phone the ba...
Thanks guys,

This is the first time Mum has been in hospital for a few years & I was sure I'd read that I'd still receive CA for a period of time in the event of hospitalisation.

I'll be sure to phone tomorrow.
I was looking forward to my carers allowance being paid into my account (four weekly) but it's been shaved to two thirds as I declared my Mum was in hospital for nine days. While Mum was in hospital my costs went up with petrol, parking and general eating for myself while bringing Mum gifts etc. Is ...
Hi James,

It would be really useful if we could have a page on Carers UK telling Carers what they can and can't claim?

I'm currently just on Carers allowance and I'm pretty sure I am missing out.

Don't forget 100 heads are better than 1?