[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I assume from the shouting, the answer to my question is no. You weren't spending 35 hours a week but still claiming carers allowance. We're not so different, when my Mum fell, I received a phone call from social services, not asking me, telling me Mum was being taken to a care home I didn't want he...
Not eating and drinking is commonly associated with Dementia, I often have to remind my Mum to drink. She has a cup of coffee and if it's not touched after 15 minutes "Mum don't let your coffee go cold" , she'll reply "Oh yes, I forgot", then drink it down in two minutes. Between Nov 17 and Mar 18, ...
Funnily enough this morning the other carer responsible for forcing Mum into bed without commode time was here. As they left one of my favourite carers was saying how I'd bought a nice key safe and how easy it was to use (I had actually gone out of my way to spend more money on an easy one for the c...
Mum's Social Worker didn't fully understand the extent of his depravity, despite seeing letters, texts and an invoice for £35,500 he had "personally" posted through my door. It wasn't until our Social Worker decided it was in Mum's best interests to come home, he threw a strop, very intimidating and...
Maybe one day, she is the worse out of all Mum's carers. Mum dislikes her too. Sorry for the rude comment, but I have nicknames for all the carers so Mum knows who's coming..Mum would never remember the names, but descriptive names work, her nickname is "Little S**T". Mum groans when I tell her she ...
I know this is horrible, especially if your Mum is settled. But find a new care home for Mum. It sounds like the new manager is pushing clients away rather than gaining the trust and empathy of family and their loved ones.. If this new manager is laying down unreasonable laws now, imagine how bad it...
Mum and I are lucky enough to live in a nice little town, our carers office is literally 2 minutes away. But I know our carers go out to all the little villages and 20 minutes drive time between clients is normal. It's funny because the management never co-ordinate the calls properly to allow travel...
Thanks all for the invaluable advice, there is no way I will let it continue. As Mum is self funding it's costing her nearly a tenner everytime it happens. I think tomorrow may be the straw that broke the camels back as said carer is here at tea and bedtime. Lets see what happens and I have a plan o...
It is just a small minority, Mum has a rotation of around 12 carers and most are lovely. I think when I made this post I'd done something positive to protect Mum and I (I'm disabled with Spondylitis) and to hear a carer saying the only reason I'd had it fitted was because I was to lazy to unlock the...
I once wrote in the "Memory Book" out of anger after a carer accused Mum of hitting them. I told the carers it was there fault after trying to force Mum into bed without commode time. The next week was a big conspiracy, who wrote that, the carers were scrutinising the handwriting trying to work out ...