I also see it from the other side too because my Dad is elderly.... I'm sure hes not the only one but he treats the DN like complete cr@p. Moans if they don't turn up when he wants them to. Moans about this that and the other. I tell him but he doesn't listen. Honestly now - I'm sure they are doing ...
I'm sure many people on the forum have had to apply for free pads but my experience so far has been disgusting. The district nurse turned up, told me that Mum didn't drink enough to qualify for good sized pads. We had tiny pads delivered for the day time and a slightly larger one for the night. Aft...
Paul I would just keep observing as much as you can. The signs get very noticeable after a while. He is maybe just a pendanctic elderly toddler, as said on the forum! Not a nice term but true in many ways. Honestly, he doesn't miss a thing. If direct debit for Sky changes by £1 he notices. If I've ...
Paul, it's a big problem, getting some GPs to acknowledge any concern. I eventually wrote to my husband's GP with my worries. Fortunately ( for want of a better word) hubby agreed to go to the doctor with me in attendance. He passed most of the questions, which are nonsense in my opinion, but said ...
What do you see on a CT scan then? Or is just just vascular dementia? A CT scan can show areas of the brain where shrinkage has/is occurred/occurring. It was my Mum's CT scan which fully revealed the extent of her Alzheimer's dementia - especially in the areas connected with memory. This is all sor...
Yes I agree Pet same with Dad who had VDem Back to Paul- also the miserly money "won't spend my gold as saving for a rainy day" syndrome plus constant pestering phone calls plus inability to have any empathy , constant moaning and not wanting to go out himself- all classic signs Paul. Yeh know what...
I agree with Henrietta, you mentioned problems with swallowing a while back and dismissed it as stress related. Any carer will tell you, trouble swallowing can be the sign of a stroke, which can in turn lead to vascular dementia. You're Dad seems to be showing the signs of dementia, maybe talk him ...
Hi Paul I think it is worth saying again that I think your Dad is showing early signs of dementia . I know his attitude to his grandchildren is upsetting but that is one of the signs of dementia. Your Dad's world is shrinking, the people who he is acknowledging are shrinking down to the nearest , d...
It's a really sad day when you realise no one in the family truly cares about you, but it can also be liberating too. My younger brother no longer speaks to me any more, because he didn't get his "fair" share of mum's inheritance. She never told him that she'd done this because he never came to see...
Bit of an update. Not been on here for a while.... On the positive side, I'm pushing back as everyone tells me to. BUT hes fighting back big time - he does not like it. My brother and I no longer speak (no big loss). He pushed his opinion that I should do more for Dad just one time too many..... To ...