I remember the dreaded INR results with Mum, phone calls saying stop Warfarin for two days or increase it by half a pill.... The district nurse turning up and Mum screaming while they took blood. Since Mum has been on Apixaban she has been fine, no blood tests. Maybe the thought of no regular blood...
Give Dad his due hes clever.... Managed to turn this around into yet another reason why I've got to visit him this weekend. Apparently, he needs to see me to discuss how hes going to proceed with this..... Jeez he has no limits. Sort of fell apart a bit when I said "so when do they need to know then...
Hi Paul, I hope we're friends now, I'm only 42 and my knee cap on my right leg actually wriggles around. As a full time carer with no family support I just dose up on painkillers.. My point, that you won't like, is that in 2019 nobody should be taking Warfarin which is unstable and requires regular...
He does NOT need a knee replacement if he can walk that far. I had mine when I couldn't walk round the supermarket any more, nearly crying with pain. My thoughts exactly. Hes 85. He was telling today how he walked down the Betting Shop. I just checked it on google maps - round trip 1/2 mile. And wh...
Greta, if I'd took your advice Mum would be paying for her own pads until she died. You are so wrong, different pads are available, but of course the Nurse is going to fob you of with the cheapest available, if you accept it, which you obviously did. One of Mum's carers told the District Nurse the ...
Mum has been paying for her own pads for three months now, I think the point is, she shouldn't be! Mum is self funding with regards to her care, whereas if she'd been holidaying in Benidorm wasting her money, she would get funding for her care. It's the same old tale, those who save get squeezed of...
Bit of background.... He takes warfarin also. Last few ops hes had (knee, hip) have not gone well at all - hes had complications, his last knee one just didn't work. Every time hes ended up with extended stays in hospital. Now the consultant is saying he can have another knee replacement if he wants...
I'm a carer, 100% for my 72 Year old Mother who has suffered several strokes and is suffering from Vascular Dementia, not to mention she can't walk.. Only today one of her carers commended me on my patience, as Mum was very shouty with them and I calmed Mum down. I'm not a saint, i lose my patience...
Wow did you just do that Paul? I tried to help and you turn it around and shout at me? The District Nurse who turned up had no interest in the fact my Mum was sat in wet in clothes, just in and out and promises she didn't keep.and I'm still fighting for pads to keep my Mums dignity. I'm sure your W...
Wow did you just do that Paul? I tried to help and you turn it around and shout at me? The District Nurse who turned up had no interest in the fact my Mum was sat in wet in clothes, just in and out and promises she didn't keep.and I'm still fighting for pads to keep my Mums dignity. I'm sure your W...