I had to smile Paul, your Dad is still worrying about you even if it he has a strange way of showing his parental responsibilities! It reminded me of Dad watching me in whirlwind mode with no sleep chasing my tail and telling me that I need to sit down more or I will make myself tired. Have a fab b...
Hi Paul, Have a great time, you deserve it. You are a GREAT dad. Leaving grandson with gran sounds like an excellent idea. What better place to leave a "fledgling teenager". Hopefully gran will get him to do a few odd jobs for her while he's there?? (The other part of growing up!) Well hes almost 1...
I don't usually get much trouble with the continence team, Though I do emphasise the risks of not having an appropriate product to suit their needs, and that I will without no doubt whatsoever (no damns given) hold their team or the person making that decision fully accountable on grounds of neglig...
Last night I lost it with him.... Off to glastonbury today with wife and 6 year old. Teenager decided he didnt want to come so is staying home with gran. His idea of heaven - unlimited PC gaming. So Dad, has decided that, 1. I shouldn't be going to places like Glastonbury because people take drugs t...
Paul, Frustrating as this might be, even an MRI scan is not conclusive - that will show evidence of vascular dementia, not necessarily Alzheimers. To be honest, whatever the diagnosis / label you put on it, dad's behaviour does not sound as if it will change. All you can do is what you are doing, p...
Hi Paul, It's impossible for any GP to CATEGORICALLY say Dad isn't suffering from Dementia without any evidence. Any GP worth there money would at least ask for an MRI scan to confirm. They tell me they have spoken to him, discussed amongst themselves and, in their clinical opinion, there is no med...
Henrietta lived with this, I'm with her on this! Sure GP will be proved wrong in due course. Of course, Im aware that Henrietta has a lot of experience with this.... And I know Dads GP can be completely useless sometimes. But at the moment, it is what it is - they have refused to take it further.
Obsessions, selfishness and lack of empathy-dementia. Dementia is NOT all about forgetting things. It is never easy to "care" for anyone with dementia but you need to find a way of managing your own responses to stay sane. Not getting anywhere with this. Spoke to his GP again a month or two ago - t...
Am I right to be a bit peed off here? OK so Dad calls last week - wants to discuss his options for his knee surgery. I KNOW its another scam to get me to visit - next appointment is in 6 months! Im busy this weekend I tell him. Wife working. Stuff on all weekend with my 6 year old. So I visit him Fr...
. . . Bit annoyed with the Consultant to be honest. Yes Dad is VERY annoying and expects miracles but I think hes said this to shut him up.... The risks for Dad to have that OP are crazy. Especially when he can still walk, says its not that bad, and doesn't even take the full dose of painkillers......