[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Well, the boss has said he can be very flexible, right down to days I work, time of day, hours, even if the carer does not turn up for some reason (which hasn't happened yet) - he said he can accommodate all of that! I am very pleased. I think I will give it a trial for a few weeks to see if it wor...
Hi Emma, Benefits are so complicated and seem to change so frequently these days that I think your best bet is to email the Carers UK helpline. They understand the system, how different things affect other benefits, what your rights are and so on and so forth. They gave me some really good advice ab...
My son started writing his 'C' word list two weeks ago :)
It can be quite difficult to balance personal growth with the practicalities of caring. Studying while caring is not easy, but it is possible and enriching. It gives the carer a different focus and the opportunity to meet with and talk to new people. It also enables the carer to plan for the future...
Hi, I joined this site as I feel things are starting to get on top of me lately. 4 years ago my husband broke his back and went from an active healthy man to someone who doesn't go out or do anything any more, he's in constant pain all the time and this has led to him now having mental health issue...
Hi Dave, Sorry to hear about your wife's situation and her comments about going to heaven, which must be worrying for you. I personally did find CBT helpful as it helped me to focus my mind on smaller, more practical things and not to blow things up in my head. For example, something relatively mino...
Energy bill changes: https://www.uswitch.com/media-centre/2016/07/12-energy-suppliers-increase-fixed-deal-prices-since-eu-referendum-result/ Thanks for posting, Juggler, I hate the fact there are so many different companies around! It's not just about getting the best price, for me customer service...
A male colleague had the walking stick with '4'legs. He even had a bicycle bell attached to it!! He said he felt safer with that type of walking aid. Not sure why he had the bell. Bet your son would find that fun!! Pet Lol a bell sounds great, or maybe a really loud horn? If I can find one that's c...
Hi I am struggling with my 6year old daughter she has learning difficulties and challenging behaviour. My little one is so loving but needs constant watching as she has no awareness of danger around and certainly no idea of stranger danger. Someone must be with her at all times even when doing simp...
Plastic rain bonnets are coming back in! I got one for my camera bag but haven't used it yet. They are, aren't they! I saw a lady with a headscarf on the other day; my mum used to wear one when we were kids (as did many other women in those days) but they fell from favour. Would definitely help whe...