[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>yes i agree, look into what help you can get. Crossroads, Direct Payments to pay for help, are two areas that come immediately to mind. you and your family deserve help, how about you contact the carers uk help line, either try ringing them, but if you cannot get through, email them. I am sure th...
<t>hi brian,<br/> i don't have the answer i am afraid, but can completely understand how you feel. my daughter is now 46, not living at home anymore. however, we have her with us twice a week and my husband sometimes still helps with personal care/toileting etc. as he did when she was living with us...
<t>hi Lorraine,<br/> <br/> this is just my opinion of course, but i think you have to put your young children first before caring for your mum. if you miss out on their childhood you will grow to resent your mum. children grow so quickly and they need their mummy.<br/> just because your dad asked yo...
thank you gary, i have ordered one from amazon as it was quicker than trailing around the shops. i will let you know if it solves the problem. (was that a picture of you!)
<t>not sure about my daughter. she has never had the mental capacity to handle anything really, i am just hoping the carers support group who organise her care will take it over. what with mum and what with our daughter, all too much at times. the day to day care takes up all the time, with just a t...
<t>yes i am her dwp appointee, but she has her pension paid through the post office, in the days when you could choose to have a card to collect payments. they gave me my own card, own pin number so it was all sanctioned by them.<br/> all was quite above board and if she ever needs a financial asses...
<t>a few years ago, my mum transferred all her money into a separate account in mine and my husbands name. i get her pension out from the post office each week, give it to my mum and anything she does not need she gives back to me to put into that account. i pay all her bills from that account. also...
<t>i am afraid this did not work for my mum.<br/> <br/> She cannot lift her finger or thumb quickly enough off the + or - buttons for volume control or the change channel arrows. Therefore it just goes flying threw the channels and she ends up watching some obscure channel that does not interest her...
p.s. don't forget to let us know how things go. i have to say it took us about 2-3 years to set all this up, so its not a quick fix, but its been so so worthwhile. pam x
<t>hi janice. welcome to forum and hope and am sure you will find lots of help, virtual friendship and information on here. <br/> <br/> as far as the ILF/DWP works how about contacting the carers uk help line. they have all the information and guidance to hand. i don't have the phone number to hand ...