[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>"Slowly losing a loved one to dementia" to me is like living grief - I grieve for me dear old Dad but can accept he's in a better place where he is both mentally and physically pain free but Dear Old Mum is, when she has bad days, living in torment, confused and scared as to why she can't remembe...
My Mum and Dad both have dementia and now I feel like the parent of them and im orphaned so to speak ,I try my best for them both but sometimes I feel helpless ,does anyone else feel the same ? Absolutely Jane, we lost my Dad in July although he didn't have dementia he was severely disabled followi...
Late for me too Pete had a day at the hospital with Mum yesterday so didnt get on line but better late than never hope you had a good day xxxxxxx
<t>Our local Age UK branch helped me fill out the forms for Mum and the wording they used was completely different to the wording I would have used - she got her attendance allowance just a few weeks later. Sussex is spot on the man who helped me kept saying don't keep telling me she's not so bad to...
I reckon I'm sort of eligible for this thread due to losing Dad but still caring for Mum so hopping between the two. I feel for you Mads the post death sorting out has really taken its toll on me I am just about exhausted with the whole thing and I haven't even got probate to deal with http://www.ca...
Welcome Angela, I printed the form off from the online instructions and took it along to our local Age Concern (now Age UK I believe) and a very kind gentleman there spent a good two hours helping me to fill it in - Mum was awarded the full rate of Attendance Allowance just 4 weeks later http://www....
<t>Again as a carer to my Mum with Vascular Dementia I have followed this thread right through and I must admit I am now beginning to think that the "wooden spoon" that has been mentioned has been placed in the wrong "persons" hands - every post on here seems to provoke anger and resentment in those...
<t>As the carer of a dementia sufferer myself I am amazed that this delightful man wishes to be part of such a group, poor Man would really be better off in a group of people who supported him. I am just very grateful that my Mum ,who has for most of her life been a deacon at her local chapel, has t...
<t>I just can't tell you how angry I felt whilst watching this programme and I totally agreed with the audience member who challenged him to step into the shoes of the people he prattles on about thinking he knows what he's talking about . I would just love to see Mr Clarke sorting out my Dads toile...
<t>Hello Folks just a quickie as I'm passing through again. I just wanted to let you know that my Mum has been awarded the full rate of Attendance Allowance for vascular Dementia and I have filled in the on line forms to reinstate my carers allowance for her instead of Dad. I have been caring for th...