[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Mum has always been a bit pampered, mostly by my Dad pre stroke. He had his stroke in 2003 and we lost him in July 2013 - The brain bleed took the left hand side of his body and my Mum never really coped with his disabilities. He had a huge trauma to the brain but didn't lose any of his mental ca...
<t>Oh my goodness how this forum works is unbelievable - I have just taken my Mum (Vascular Dementia) to chapel, I don't go any more because it gives me an hours respite whilst she is there. But the game I have had to get her to change her clothes to go has reduced us both to tears before she went. ...
<t>Here in the West Midlands my cousin is going through exactly the same thing, her Mum, has been self funded in a care home for 18 months, she suffers with vascular Dementia which has got considerably worse over the last 6 months. She has had numerous falls the last resulting in a fractured neck, t...
<t>The ongoing saga of the Xmas Pressies and Cards continues today and I am also going to take your advice and do the same Sue but I'm still not sure this will resolve the problem...........It really is so sad for not only our carees but us too I really want to make Mum better but of course I know I...
<t>Yes ladies I very often say to my hubby when he asks what sort of day I've had "if it wasn't so tragic it would be really funny" - light relief is indeed what anyone caring for a loved one with this dreadful disease needs and lots of it.......... personally we have had a slightly better day today...
<t>Oh My goodness does this thread hit some chords ........... I've returned home a tad earlier than usual today because I've got to wrap up the pressies that I have bought on Mums behalf (with Mums money) and its easier than have her looking over me and unwrapping them as fast as I'm wrapping them....
Danced, likewise here too. Until I "became" a full-time carer, although I'd already been doing it, above the threshold hours for nearly three years, no claim for either AA or CA was made - saved the government thousands! Still paid tax though! Same here Sussex and Danced - I was earning somewhere i...
<t>The name thing made me smile ladies my Mum recalls the war on numerous occasions, tells me how my Granddad tried to make their trips to the air raid shelter, which was sunk at the bottom of their garden, into a sort of adventure, he sounded a lovely Man my maternal Granddad although I was only 6 ...
I'm another one who loves the garden. Now restricted to geraniums and fuchsias in pots and troughs unfortunately, due to knee replacements. My dad was a top government scientist, and I was expected to be a high achiever. My second son had a difficult birth and didn't develop properly. Unable to spe...
Happy Birthday xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx