Oh my dear SW, I haven't posted for ages but to regularly pop on just for the comfort of knowing that I'm not in this boat alone and your posting has really touched a nerve. I have spent the last 11 (now into the twelfth) years looking after my parents, we lost Dad July 2013 after 10 years post brai...
I will only add what I always say to anyone "In Authority" i.e. Docs, Nurses, Social Staff etc.... "You cannot possibly know the impact this caring malarkey has on all involved unless you have been in it" I always just get the sympathetic look. Yes we are invaluable to all the "powers that be" becau...
<t>My heart goes out to you Rosemary I recognise all of the characteristics in your posting but my situation is with my Mum not my Husband I cannot even start to imagine how my emotions would cope if it were my Hubby (mind you none of us know what is around the corner) but I think Susie's response w...
<t>Welcome Hazel, I care for an elderly Mum with dementia and previously a post stroke Dad but my goodness I haven't got as much as you have on your plate only slight problem I have is I have a slight prolapse of the womb which is being monitored ny the Docs and eventually I will neeed a hysterectom...
<t>Welcome Hazel, I care for an elderly Mum with dementia and previously a post stroke Dad but we do have a gorgeous little nephew who was eventually diagnosed with Aspergers and whilst he is fine at the moment we often wonder how he will cope when he becomes a young man instead of a little boy but ...
<t>Not much help I don't suppose but I'm replying to you just to let you now my heart goes out to you Koala........... your posting brings back so many memories of my Dads last few weeks and it was just torture to watch .... I gave up trying to force feed him in the end because he simply spat it bac...
<t>I gave up my job some 10 years ago when my Dad had a massive brain bleed that left him paralysed on the left side "Worrywart" ...... it seemed the only solution at the time that would allow Dad to come home and be looked after where he wanted to be looked after ... the caring role I believe is th...
<t>Oh my goodness this has struck some chords with me "Worrywart" I have exactly the same problems with my Mum, since my Dad passed away her income has dropped considerably and although she is happy for me to sort out all the problems she becomes rather unhappy when I tell her what she can and cant ...
<t>My Mums GP diagnosed Vascular Dementia many years ago using just the memory tests, she has since had a brain scan and very detailed heart tests, GP said all the tests would only show what he already knew and indeed he was correct..... His advice to me was to let Mum do as much as she can on her o...
Well Technically she is in our Nesting Box but still in the garden.... I cannot tell you how much pleasure I am getting from this very thoughtful gift of a Bird Box containing a camera..... every little helps in the bid to keep me sane