Sajehar I have only one word to reply to these postings and that is RESPECT you really are an amazing woman xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I can relate to a lot in your posting Drummergirl even though my Mum isn't yet at the stage your dear Mum clearly is she is rapidly getting there. Perhaps we should all paste and print this posting and show it to our respective "SOCIAL" Workers and MP's although in my past experience of both it woul...
Sajahar you are most definitely not a failure.................. most of us have a crutch in one thing and another and mine is chocolate when things get so bad I take to the biscuit tin, chocolate basket and anything else sweet, hence I have gained so much weight it really isn't good for my now becom...
Oh my goodness Anne what a truly dreadful situation but one I really do know is for real. Exactly the same scenario as ours a few weeks ago. The state the hospital sent my Mum home in was absolutely dreadful and our GP even said so himself. problem is the really know how to work out which of us real...
I can only speak of our own situation Trish and everything is a battle, not only getting any help that is available but also trying to cope with my own emotions when the lady I love as my Mother is now only the old lady I look after - I love my Mum (as I did my Dad, cared for him post stroke which l...
Welcome to our world Trish...... I too care for my Mum who is 82 and has been diagnosed with Vascular Dementia. My Mum is prone to falls and with each fall she has the condition appears to worsen. I spend every day with Mum but come home mid afternoon leaving her tea fully prepared and my Aunt (who ...
Thank you for your responses my friends............ I took Mum to see the new GP this morning and I have to say I was most impressed with his "bedside manner" only a young strip of a thing but Mum was really happy with him and seemed totally relaxed.... GP voiced exactly the same as yourself Susie a...
Well folks a lot has happened since my last posting. Mum finished her course of antibiotics and returned to what we consider normal, still confused but cope able. However, my dear cousin takes my Mum out for a drive every other Saturday just for an hour and she unfortunately fell down the steps to h...
This thread is really helping me...............isn't it rather sad that we have to look at others in the same situation or even worse than our pretty dire one to gain even just a modicum of peace. The antibiotics for Mums UTI appear to have taken away the anxiety and aggression from Mum so things ar...
Although I haven't posted for quite a while I still pop on to keep me feeling that I am still on this planet and my friends on here are the only ones who truly know how I feel. I have been really drawn to this thread . We have had a bad week this week, Mums dementia has been aggravated by a UTI and ...