Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and anyone with an opinion should respect the others whether they agree with it or not.... In my opinion (sorry :blush: ) opinions should not be used as a tool to fuel bad feeling between folk who are doing, in most cases a very demanding job.....I have far ...
I can relate to the feelings in your posting this 100% .... difference is Mums Vascular Dementia tells her she is fine and so she refuses any outside help but like many others on here she is eager to give ME a list of jobs that need doing. I have one Aunt who lives in the same street as Mum who I ca...
I gave up a £25k plus a year job in 2003 after my Dad survived a brain bleed that left him severely disabled, this was decided after a lengthy discussion between my Husband and myself who both realised that without my help Mum wouldn't cope and Dad would have to go into a care home... none of us wan...
Although I don't post daily I do read daily and this thread always makes me smile and it also is most relevant to our current situation ............... I take my Mum out for a drive and call into the local supermarket everyday, we don't need to shop every day but the keeping to routine always seems ...
OK ............ so can my Mum have a percentage of all the contributions they made through NI that was sold to them by the then government "to ensure their needs were covered now and in Old Age" ... I totally agree that a certain amount of responsibility should be taken by offspring for their parent...
Happy Birthday my friend and thank you for your support and help over the last few years without your intervention I would never have known Mum should be exempt from Council Tax and we would still be paying it xxxxxxx
This really made me laugh too whenever this advert comes on (Mum tends to watch the Really and Yesterday channels and its on there a lot) Mum inevitably calls me away from my chores to have a laugh at it with her..... the good thing about dementia is she forgets she's seen it so many times and alway...
I can relate to your posting in so many ways my friend I felt exactly the same after Dad had passed in 2013 and although our situations differ in that I still have my Mum I know I will feel just as you do when the inevitable time comes...... she is my life, rightly or wrongly and everything else pla...
Back in 2003 I too was told that the the 35 hour rule did not include shopping, picking up medications and in fact anything that didn't include my late Dad being with me, I wasn't a member of Carers UK then but a routine check of things in 2005 with Age concern clarified that the information I was g...
We have been bombarded with literature and e mails from our local tory MP along with invites to talks he is giving leading up to the coming election. I have linked this posting into a responding e mail to the aforementioned fellow and underlined that I will respond to his request once he has replied...