[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Not quite sure which thread-collection to begin this in, but... Normally, I get Carers Allowance & Income Support, with Dad on pension credit & attendance allowance. Now that my Dad has gone into hospital, I have notified the DWP on our behalf that his attendance allowance and my 2xincomes may be af...
Alcatraz
Organik
Hi and welcome from me too - I have only been here a few days and still don't know everybody yet. I feel the same - I care for my elderly father and some days he will NOT budge out of bed. The routine with us is that at 5 and 6am I take in a hot cuppa, and at 6-30 I check his TV guide and discuss wh...
Track pants are definitely a godsend. My Dad - aged 88 with a double stomach hernia - was TRYING to fit into normal trousers - but somedays his waistline was bigger than others, resulting in numerous cursings of belts, braces, and 'modern trousers sizes'. I persauded him to try track pants - and alt...
Geographer
LOVE: birds chattering to me from the tree outside my bedroom window
Great to find this forum is active! Thanks for the welcome.... Luckily, my hobbies are mostly indoor/whenever - rather than going out to places and/or reliant upon other people. I can pick up a book, hit the net, watch birds out the window, meditate, etc - while still having one ear open in case Dad...
<t>Hi - from another newbie. I only joined here today, too. I find internet access to my friends helps me thru when I cannot get IRL meet-ups due to my caring. (I spent 22 years overseas and am only just re-finding old friends from my past here in England now, after being back here 2 years!) One ben...
Definitely a book-worm here! (I was a freelance writer that actually wrote 11 books BEFORE flying half way round the worold to care for my elderly father!) Dad needs someone to check-in on him every 30-60 minutes, leaving me lots of short-gaps but no long time-outs. Perfect for fitting in a chapter ...