[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks Elaine, mmm I did wonder myself really that mum seemed to be having a few knocks and skin problems despite my best efforts and thought about how that looks to an outsider. I've also questioned myself as to whether these things have happened because I'm not as good as I once was but I also thi...
I apologise for mentioning the problems I experienced in 2012 if you've read me go on about them before where mum and I were bullied by a social worker to accept carers we had both said we didn't want. This went on for months and I was forced to find some kind of support to back me up and discovered...
Hi Ewan, Yes I have. I think I've got just about every gadget going. Some have worked well and others weren't quite suitable once tried in our situation. I know of several websites that supply almost everything from the practical to the whimsical and for easy hobbies and keeping older hands and mind...
Hi Hazel, I don't know if CarersUK do this but there is a three monthly info and contact sheet sent out by Yours magazine for carers and the bereaved, there is one for each. You get to find carers to keep in touch with, write to or if close enough, meet up with and it all helps reduce the feeling of...
Hi Liz, I had a similar experience with my mum wanting to look after a couple of other friends and she used to go and make sandwiches for them. I'd forgotten that phase until I read your message. I know you said your mum was alert in all other ways but I just wondered whether it might be worth tryin...
Hi Rob, I experienced this or it felt like that was what I was experiencing when I would find my sister seemingly criticizing me. Eventually I think I came to see it as her way of getting involved but she didn't realise that what she thought was constructive advice was actually undermining me and ma...
Hi Natalie, I'd check out any possible sitting services to see if that is a way for you to have some time out. I am no fan of social services so I avoid getting them involved. Depending on the condition your mum has you might find a local online support group or organisation who offer a variety of s...
I liked this but wouldn't have the nerve to wear it..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HippoWarehouse- ... CVVEFHGQ11
I just wanted to share something I recently discovered which might help others. I needed something to protect mum's shins when I hoisted her up as she faces the bars and has a tendency to 'swing' her self when up in the air. I found something called 'Wikkies', they are padded leg protectors which wr...
Hi Hannah, I've had problems putting ordinary clothes on my mum and found a couple of websites doing clothes with a hidden open back. I think this is called a tulip opening. They can be quite expensive so anyone offering a cheaper version would definitely attract more sales I'm sure. http://www.adap...