[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Sometimes I just feel so tired, so pulled in all directions, with so much to do and not knowing where to start! http://dev.carersuk.org/j3/images/icon_confused.gif I try to be sensible and prioritise, but sometimes feel that if I don't get a minute to myself soon, I'm going to scream. I love my fami...
<t>hello, valerie, and welcome from me too, Goodness, you are going through it. I also care for my husband, (I am 46 and Hubby is 77) and although he isn't as ill as yours, It is very hard emotionally as well as physically. This is a good place to get it all off your chest and I have found it keeps ...
Hi Ricko, just another thought, have you tried getting him a tape recorder, headphones and some talking books?
so true. So many times I have found myself bawling like a baby through sheer exhaustion! last night though, had a good night sleep for the first time in forever, but now want to carry on sleeping, but got to get up for work, doh! you can't win!
Hello, Ricko, and a welcome from me, too. I frequently don't know my own name, let alone the day of the week! I am a carer for my husband who has copd, severe arthritis and asbestosis, and while we all all do it willingly and lovingly, sometimes you have to let off steam with people who understand, ...
Thats very true, and its having that instant understanding that makes you feel less isolated and then you can find the humor in it. Quite often i think that if i didn't laugh at times then I'd crack up!!
<t>hello, jayne, and welcome. So glad that your mum pulled through, though I can understand that you must be feeling at a complete loss faced with this double wammy. I am a carer to my husband, and have had so many bewildering changes in my family over the past year that sometimes you just don't kno...
Thank you all for your warm welcome, http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_biggrin.gif already I'm begining to lose the feeling of "it's all too much". or at least it's starting to feel less desperate and i'm gaining some perspective. Although I have a w...
<t>Hi SBJH, I am new to the forum too and currently caring for my husband. However, from what I can remember from a few years ago when we were looking after my mother in law, (In her 90's with dementia), Social services will probably send a doctor round to ask your grandad a few questions to assess ...
<t>hello, j-uk, and a welcome from me too. I too have just joined the forum, and already feel so much better from all the support and messsages. I am 46 and carer to my husband of 77 who has copd, severe arthritis and asbestosis and like you, I work full time. I know how frustrating it can be as my ...