[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello scruffy, hope it all works out alright, why don't you ask if you can view the bed first, or maybe they can give you the measurements so you can work how how big it will be?
Phoebe x
it is hard for me to work out how bad his sight is, because his standard reply to these sort of things are, "it's not too bad", which could mean anything from "ok" to "can't see a damned thing" !!!! http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_rolleyes.gif His left eye is worse, and he is struggling to read ...
What a wonderful topic to bring up, as I too, have been struggling to maintain a social life. Hubby's condition has deterioretd in the last year, to the extent that he cannot go far now, at all and if we do go out, it has to be close to home so we can get back quickly if needed. While he doesn't min...
<t>Scruffy- I wish I could say/do something more helpful for you, Social services are on a completely different planet to the rest of us and haven't got a clue. If they had to spend a week in the life of a carer, they simply wouldn't cope with the day to day practicalities of it. Hope the situation ...
welcome from me too, emma, and don't forget to look after yourself as well.
phoebe x
Welcome, mahendra,
phoebe x
<t>Thank you for sharing this, I have never read it before and it has made me so emotional, and, I have to be truthful, humbled as to day I have been feeling irritable. I am 46, carer to my hubby, who is 77. As we are an age-gap marriage (happily for 14 years and still happy), I know one day it is i...
<t>Hi lapwing, hope things are getting better for you and your mum. I have never heard of delirium as a medical illness, but when, a while ago, my mum was in hospital with a broken hip, the same thing happened to her. They said it was confusion due to a urine infection, which apparently is quite com...
<t>hello, scruffy, I'm phoebe and care for my hubby. I'm relatively new to the forum, and just read about your crisis. What an awful situation to be in, and I really feel for you. Social services seem to be more of a hindrance than the help that they are supposed to be, they are more interested in t...
Thank you poppet, I think he has decided to go ahead with it. His eyes aren't too bad, but have deteriated in the past months, but he didn't want to admit it.
Phoebe x