[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks for replies. Mum's lived here with Husband & I for just under a year, but will consult solicitor. What a system though if I have to evict Mum or abandon her if she goes for respite or hospital again. I am going to make sure Husband has assessment done before he leaves hospital because I am bi...
Hello. I care for my Mum who has no use of her right hand side after stroke She has 2 carers 4 times a day & is wheelchair/bedbound . She lives in our bungalow with me & my 84 year old Husband, he has increasing care needs and is in hospital now, having rehab to try and get him walking again, not su...
Hi Jane, My Mum has two carers four times a day, 9.30am, 12.30, 4.30, 8.00pm. We have had the same care agency for 10 months, the times are usually within 20 mins but normally carer will phone if much later. Only gripe I have is because Mum lives with me the agency knows I will help the carers and w...
Thank you for your replies. Nursing staff still say no UTI or other infection & obs still ok. Today very little delirium but that was because Husband very sleepy both times I visited. He even had his eyes closed when I was trying to get him to eat a little, just opening his mouth when I asked him to...
My 84 yr old Husband was admitted to hospital last Friday with very serious cellulitus infection. This is now much better with IV antibiotics. Christmas Eve & Christmas day he was suffering from delirium, this seemed to be gone for next two days, again this morning he was still ok, then pm when I we...
Hi Stephen. My Mother came to live with me after suffering a bad stroke, she is confined to a wheelchair. All I had to do for her to get incontinence pads supplied free was a referral from a district nurse, the nurse came out a week after Mum was discharged from hospital. We have deliveries about ev...
Nice to know someone else with very similar age difference to their husband Katherine, I think the last 5 years or so have been when I've felt the age difference the most. We farmed for a long time together & always worked really well together & when husband retired wasn't the same. Now I feel like ...
Thanks for info about will, useful to know. I think looking back to when I was 17, I was just grateful that someone loved me!! what do you know then? I had a horrible father & home life & was glad to escape, the very sad thing is, I was lovely, had a scholarship to very good school, which I left at ...
I am financially independent of my husband, I have my own pension & am fortunate to own another property, so although I think my Husband's will to be a bit unfair, I have given up trying to reason with him. I will make sure that my will is up to date, that is something I keep putting off, so timely ...
Thank you both for reading & replying, Yes comment about Mum deserving care more than Husband is spot on but wouldn't he be more difficult to get rid of!!!! Seriously I have thought about divorcing him but I would never be able to leave him & he would be useless on his own. Both do get A.A & I get c...