[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
That was one thing I did wrong. Don't wait for offers of help, probably best to ask for specific things. I also did have my wheelchair bound Mum to look after and thought! my 3 brothers would offer help, which they didn't. In hindsight I wished I arranged for them to come on regular days/times not j...
Jenny, I have a very good relationship with my 3 stepchildren, but they still have their lives to live, all I'm saying is don't expect help. So our family chickens are fine, pecking in the garden. BTW thinking about that saying ( chickens coming home to roost) you'd think that would be good really, ...
Hi LouLou, I wish you good luck in getting your partner's children to help with their Father's care. In my experience (I'm 29yrs younger than my Husband, who is 84) the younger partner (You) will be left to get on with it, but I hope I'm wrong. Best wishes
I'd like some more advice please- I have found a Nursing Home that would suit my Mum & they have vacancies & take LA funded people. However although I know I can just tell LA I am not going to care for Mum anymore from a certain date, I would prefer not to do that if at all possible, it seems too cr...
Thank you both for your replies- BowlingBun, I will look at CQC website for suitable nursing homes for Mum ,finding it hard to find the time for research! Jenny, Mum is not in respite now, she is back home with me, but if all else fails I will get another week of respite and not have her home, mind ...
I have contacted Carers Uk helpline & advice is to inform LA that I will not be able to provide accommodation for Mum from certain date. Also that Mum has no legal right to remain in my home, which is reassuring. At the moment LA will not fund Mum's care home, have said will reconsider when my Husba...
Hi, What I've found to be useful are puppy training pads, that was on advice of carer. I put them under Mum and if her pads leak a little in the night they stop the bottom sheet & Mum from getting wet. Cost about £14 for 100 from Poundstretchers, would be handy for other purposes too.
Dear Jenny, On the subject of funeral costs, when my Father died last year we were able to have a direct to crematorium (called something like that anyway) which meant not having Funeral Directors as such. Only Dad's body was collected from hospital by Funeral Directors and he had quite adequate cof...
Thanks for advice Jenny, Yes mum was in rented accommodation before she moved in with us. I wish I'd never had her to live with us now, everything is so much more complicated because of that. Do you think SS might try to make my Husband go into residential care? It looks like his mobility is going t...
Bowlingbun, It's actually my Mum & my Husband, not Dad. Yes maybe funding Mum for 3mths would be an option, wouldn't LA know that It wasn't Mum's money as they have done a financial assessement for her and pay for her carers. Also wouldn't I have to sign an agreement to say I would be responsible fo...