[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello Helena, I think your husband trying to have a bath is a very bad idea & it would be easy for you to get hurt trying to help him. The limbo leg covers were good for me when I used in shower but not suitable for bath & I don't think blacks bags will be very reliable. If your Husband puts a bag o...
Hi Helena, My Husband's had IV antibiotics in hospital several times for cellulitis, always been for a week. Once the DN finished the course at home, I think for last two days, but not keen to do it. My husband is 84 & I'm 55, so similar to your situation, I always feel my Husband thinks he knows be...
Hello Babybird, I am glad your Dad is on the mend, he lost a lot of blood, very good that you got it sorted. My Husband is having a camera in bladder tomorrow to see possible cause of his blood loss, I worried it is going to happen again, and don't really know what caused bleeding in the first place...
When I had care's assessement last year I was told I qualified for PB, didn't ask for it, hadn't heard of it, only problem quite limited on what it can be spent on, so I've never claimed it. Was told examples of use, driving lessons, or if I remember rightly a laptop. Deffinetly can't be spent on ca...
Hello Babybyrd, My Husband has had a catheter for about 4mths, about 2 weeks ago he had lots of blood in the bag, was over weekend so I phoned DN, kept saying is it rose coloured? , NO, anyway early Sunday morning had to have Doctor to change as blocked by blood clots, 4hrs later blocked again, DN c...
Dear Sue, You sound like a lovely caring lady but you will make yourself ill if you carry on trying to care for your mother. My Mum has just moved into a nursing home, she is in a wheelchair, and I had her and my 84 year old husband ( also in a wheelchair) and a year of caring for two of them was mo...
Thanks Bowing Bun, Husband gets Attendance Allowance, was going to say not ill enough for CHC but will look at that. I will try & keep him at home as long as I can. That is what I think he would want, I am trying to ask him to make sure. I am going to have carers to help me wash him because he is a ...
My Husband is 84, he has various health problems and very limited mobility, I can just about get him to transfer from recliner to wheelchair & back. The district nurse visited today & called the doctor to see him. He spent 7 weeks in hospital recently with chest infection (twice) & UTI & then had c-...
Thanks both for your replies. Honey Badger, the assessement has been done, Mum seemed to get CHC Funding quite easily!! But I think LA are contributing as well, I thought it was just paid by NHS, I'm not being asked for top-ups at all, so lucky in that respect. Chris, I'm reading through the CHC lin...
My Mum has recently moved into a nursing home. She has been awarded CHC funding. As Mum is not self-funding will it make any difference to her or is it just NHS paying for her care instead of LA?. At the moment Mum just pays all her State & private pensions less approx. £25 per week, so does anythin...