[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I think sex is more important to some people, rather than more important for men. It is not something I would give up for my Husband. You give up nearly everything as it is when you are a carer. Our situation is different as my Husband is 84 & I'm 55. I have been in a relationship with someone else ...
I think it is important to stress that your Husband has care needs at night, especially to be awarded the higher rate of AA.
NO WAY. I'm 55 and have been caring for my 84 year old husband for 14years, although just the last 18mths 24/7. I have no children, very few friends (because have no time to see them) and no time for myself, no holiday for 15years. I certainly wouldn't do it again, but you get sucked in very slowly,...
Hi, Shirley. I think it is unusual to have been awarded Attendance Allowance and then to have decision changed. As far as I know you don't have to fill in another form each April. My Husband has received AA for 4 years and we have never had to fill in any other form, after original one, in relation ...
Hi Rosemary, I think the idea of people dying at home sounds good in theory, but I'm worried in my Husband's case what he is expected to die of. If he is struggling to breathe it would be much kinder for us both for Husband to be in hospital, and I would call an ambulance if that happens, and also i...
Hello Rosemary, the same thing is happening with my 84 year Husband, he is in a wheelchair and has copd among other things and gets many chest/urine infections that have required IV antibiotics in hospital. When we last saw GP she said can't really do much more for him in hospital, was really end of...
I think if you got some positive outcome would be worth it alone, it would be very ironic wouldn't it!!! Maybe like the cobbler's children, sort of.
I agree with Mrs A, you might get a reduction in your State Pension for contracting out, but you should get something for your NI contributions, I hope you can sort it out.
Chris, I'm sure Mrs A is right and when you are 66 you will get your State Pension as well, no matter what sort of private pension you have or how many!! Hope you have a nice surprise next year.
Hello Helena, I think your husband trying to have a bath is a very bad idea & it would be easy for you to get hurt trying to help him. The limbo leg covers were good for me when I used in shower but not suitable for bath & I don't think blacks bags will be very reliable. If your Husband puts a bag o...