[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Karen
You do need proof of a qualifying benefit, of which one is Attendance Allowance, your Mum would have received a letter in March/April stating amount she would get. Just copy this and send to council, I did this for my Husband and our council replied within a few days.
Best wishes
Thanks Jenny & Bowlingbun. The carer present just said you might get that!! I actually have a pager and Husband usually remembers to press that when he needs me. pager is useful when I'm in the garden. I was going to look into Husband going to Day Centre, but He has been even more sleepy than normal...
Thank you for your replies, my Husband is 84 & I'm 55. I asked Husband why he was trying to punch me & he said he'd shouted for me & I hadn't gone to him. Carer was with him, have carers twice a day now to wash him. I was outside watering baskets. I will ask doctor if can have any medication, but so...
My Husband (recently diagnosed with Vascular Dementia) went to punch me in the face today, luckily his reach was not enough to make contact properly. I know to expect aggression, and I know it's not him, but how are you supposed to deal with it. Husband has always had a temper, as do I, and we have ...
Just an update from me, Have done POA finance & did do health as well in the end. Solicitor was great with my Husband & I am glad we went to her, Husband didn't want to see her on his own, but she only saw him briefly & then let me come in with him. Also filled in the form for Council Tax disregard,...
Don't forget though that Carer's Allowance counts towards your annual tax allowance, so if that is exceeded when CA added to your pensions you will have to pay Income Tax on excess!!
Thanks Henrietta. Yes I know you don't need a solicitor to do a POA & I'm not sure the solicitor will think my Husband does have mental capacity anyway, that will depend on how Husband is at the time of appointment. Husband is happier to do with a solicitor and that is his choice, so we go with that...
Thanks for replies. Yes I think might have left it too late for POA, but Husband is seeing a solicitor this Thursday, I have explained the situation to her, she will decide if he has mental capacity. TBH prob 50/50, but it is worth a try. He has relied on me for all paperwork, bill paying, legal stu...
Thanks both for replies. Pet, the doctor said he will get nurse (not sure who exactly) to contact us quite soon and that we will be getting a lot of support. Now I've had a little time to get used to this, I think that it is better to have diagnosis, where as yesterday I was thinking better not to k...
Hello, As well as many other problems, my Husband has today been told he has Vascular Dementia. He is 84, has severe Copd, is in a wheelchair, has heart failure etc, so more than enough already. I obviously knew Husband was having problems with memory and so on, but thought was old age/frailty rathe...