Thanks Fiona, It's affordable but then, let's face it, I'd actually remortgage the house to get my son's health back so that wouldn't be a sticking point. The problem, now that our son's relationship with services, never good, has become virtually non existant, would be in getting him to engage. To ...
Thank you for your kind thoughts, Fiona. Wine plus a good film is definitely one of my favourite pick-me-ups. On the subject of meds, I'm not sure whether our son was on these for long enough, inthe light of what you've said. Risperidone basically made his legs give way from underneath him so was co...
Many thanks. It's extremely difficult and I think I've just about exhausted all options. There was, it's true, a certain element of "enabling" about our touring around but our son had made it clear that he would otherwise continue to sleep rough and services wouldn't, at that stage, help us. I asked...
Hello again, I am a carer for my elderly mum, with which I cope very well emotionally and practically because, well, she's in her 80s and this feels like the natural order of things. She has full capacity and just needs help organising things and putting them into practice - getting workmen round, c...
Hello All, New to these boards but I'm guessing many will struggle with this same issue. How do families cope when someone has been deemed to have capacity but then uses it to refuse all help and still clearly remains distressed (& distressing!)? My fear is that this is a situation that could contin...