[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Hi Crocus,<br/> <br/> Thank you for your encouragement. It has helped me today, when I thought I hadn't done so well. But I realise that I am holding myself to impossible standards - "I should never get cross." "I shouldn't feel resentful". Today I also had trouble having space for myself and tha...
<t>Hi India,<br/> <br/> Things are not bad at the moment. I am still finding my feet a bit with getting into a routine with my mum home. There are teething troubles with the Carers coming in to wash her. One of them rang the doorbell and didn't wait for her to get to the door, and she does have a ke...
<t>Thanks for the replies everyone. I think the advice of living one day at a time is the way to go. It isn't possible to solve everything at once and if I try I am going to have no time or headspace for my own problems. I am facing filing for divorce so I need to not overload myself or I will crack...
<t>My mum is about to be discharged from hospital and is anxious about lots of things. She has been taking anti depressants for a short while as she had a major depressive episode recently. She has always been a worrier, and, understandably she is worried about coming home. I live with her so she wi...
<t>I recently joined this group and reported that my Mum had recently been discharged from hospital after breaking her femur. She went on to develop anxiety and depression. Well, this week on Tuesday she has been readmitted to hospital having re-fractured the same leg. She didn't fall, her bones mus...
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Lapwing
<t>Thanks Juggler for your reply. I am living with mum, she is 78. I think she feels she doesn't want to be a burden on the family and hates being dependent on others for everything. She is is a bit of a perfectionist, which is hard for her (and me). I am trying to keep myself upbeat. Trying to make...
<t>Hi everyone,<br/> <br/> I have just found this group after looking for some online support for caring. Mum is watching Strictly, and I am looking for support.<br/> <br/> I have been living with my mother for nearly a year. She has rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoporosis. About 7 weeks ago she slipp...