[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Tristesa, sorry to hear about your experience. I have had some experience of being criticised by a family member for things in the past. I think it is very upsetting especially when we are grappling with so many turbulent emotions that come with the caring role. I would so like to be given some p...
<t>Hello Steve,<br/> <br/> I live with my disabled mother, and I work part time. I discovered that it is best for me if I don't go straight home after finishing work. If I can pop in the library for a short time, or browse around a few charity shops, before going home I feel heaps better. It just gi...
<t>I agree with you Tristesa. I can feel patronised by those who give advice, and I think it also makes me feel even more isolated in my caring role. I often just want someone to tell me that I'm doing really well considering how very hard the job of caring can be. I feel that the advice is a form o...
This Iguana Takes Apples Nicely

LEAVE
Thanks Kaycee, yes maybe I should do that. Maybe the reason why I was coping well before the break was because I knew I had that break arranged. Now it is over, I need another oasis to look forward to.
<t>Thanks for your reply Jane. I am just so floored as to why I am struggling so much after the break when I seemed to be coping before. It almost makes me think it isn't worth having the break if I am going to find it so hard after I come back. But I did enjoy the time away and I do have good memor...
I have just been away for a 4 day break. Since getting home I have found it really hard to cope with my caring role again. I was coping ok before I went away but now I am finding myself tearful and desperate, feeling really trapped and resentful.
My sister in law, who used to work in a care home, has cut her nails, so that problem has been sorted!
<t>She doesn't go to a day centre. I am not sure that the district nurses do nail cutting. I am not sure if I am just feeling totally overwhelmed and everything seems impossible. I think maybe the nail issue is sending me to the edge of coping. I could have coped myself with the nail cutting a month...
<t>Does anyone know if there is a free or reasonably priced way to get my mum's fingernails cut at home. Her hands are very deformed by rheumatoid arthritis and some fingers don't straighten. I find it so difficult to do, and my eyesight is not fantastic. She has a Carer come and wash her, but she w...