[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Has anyone used one of these? They are very pricey (about £400!), but look
to be the best solution to transfer the disabled from
wheelchair to car and back again.
Shove a penny or two on income tax and ring fence it for
care. Job done!

(make the ring fence a new law if necessary)
My wife uses a chamber pot kept beside the bed at night so she never has
to go to the bathroom.

It is even easier for a man to use one than for a woman to use one.
He can stand or crouch or even use it in bed. A smallish jar might be better in bed though.
Less chance of any spillage !
oh the one thing I didn't think about was sitting on it, I think there is zero chance she'll manage that, we have MAJOR issues with raised chairs let alone an unadjustable stair lift. She's unable to sit with her legs straight down they have to go outwards I have a feeling this could be a MAJOR iss...
If you did have a stair lift fitted make sure that your nan can sit down easily in it and more importantly get up from it. A low seat is easy to drop down into but more difficult to get up from. As I said in another thread I have to help my wife get up from our strair lift chair. One can get perchin...
The simple solution will be to raise the seat.
One day stair lift designers will realise that some have difficulty and design
a powered tilting seat.
But I enjoy putting my hands under my wife's bum. She does too. :lol:
I have found that my wife has difficulty in getting up from her stair lift chair at the top of the stairs ,as the seat is set rather low. This enables her to get on it easily but not off it. A low seat means greater effort of lifting ones self. A high seat is easier to get off but more difficult to ...
My wife cannot walk without support. If I go shopping etc etc I take her with me in the car. She stays in the car whilst I go to the bank etc. In addition to a Zimmer frame at home we carry another permanently in the car, just in case. When I leave her for a short time I carry a notice in my wallet,...
rosemary wrote:Link to the advice booklet

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... in-england

x
Thanks for that link.
Interestingly I see that whether or not one can park on yellow lines where
there are loading restrictions is up to local councils to decide.