[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Elaine wrote:Melly1,
Adding another. People who say 'We was' and 'I were'.
My wife has spent the last 55 years trying to stop me saying 'We was.'
All to no avail. It's kinda stuck in my mind and will not shift.
So I guess I will continue to get on your goat. :D
Thanks all.
There is a government web site that bears out one can park for 3 hours on double lines providing they are not in a 'no loading zone.'

So I cannot load(!) my wife into my lorry there. :D
All the web sites about blue badge parking I have looked at seem to indicate one can park on double yellow lines for up to 3 hours and where there are no loading restrictions.
So I wonder what is allowed?
Melly1 wrote:Inconsiderate neighbour's playing loud music, so that wherever I am in my house I can't escape a noise I don't want to listen too. This is happening right now and happened last Monday afternoon on my day off too.

Melly1
I've always called that 'Audio litter'
Thanks for all that. Most reassuring.

It will certainly help as her dentist is in a road with double yellow lines
and nearest car park is 1/4 mile away.

She refuses to use the wheelchair I bought
her so slowly walking 1/4 mile with a walker is out.
Tailgating. Premature pulling in front after they have overtaken me and so stealing my breaking distance. Indicating they are pulling out a parking place when I am just passing them..... ..."Are they coming out to hit me?" Should wait for a traffic gap before signalling a pull out. Not positioning t...
I did a search on this forum for 'blue badge' and only found one reference to Scotland. This surprised me as I'm sure many here have one. I am applying for a blue badge for my wife, filled in the form/passport photograph /marriage cert etc and I wondered if many had problems in getting a badge? Do t...
This firm makes wheelchair hoists.
They are probably expensive though. :(

http://www.autochair.co.uk/products/sco ... mini-hoist
Yes, whenever I leave her in the car I carry a large notice in my wallet telling where she is, car details and ask for help. I shall now put the social services tele number too. I also carry a card with that number on. Good idea about her having a card to hold up..........sound the horn too. BUT I a...
Thanks for all the advice, Elaine. Yes, we are going to get a carers assessment, attendance allowance and blue badge. As we have no near relations or friends my biggest worry was if I died suddenly or met with an accident making me unconscious whilst shopping and my wife still in the car, she would ...