[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Tony,<br/> That is very kind of you to say, but I can assure you that I don't handle things with ease, nor very smoothly at times. My mother is not disabled - she is able bodied and walks around the house quite effortlessly, but is very lethargic and CHOOSES to do absolutely nothing to help herse...
Hi Tony, So pleased you didn't take offence at anything I said - sometimes I get a bit strident, esp. when I feel that others are being taken advantage of. Soiled underwear - nasty to deal with. <Warning: graphic stuff coming up now.> My parents have a habit of wearing the same underwear for weeks o...
<t>Thanks Bowlingbun - I'll take a look at the DR book some time. I'm a bit distracted right now, organising a total refit of their bathroom. Last weekend I took all the old tiles off (the whole bathroom needs retiling). Now I'm in the process of buying/ordering the shower cubicle, along with new to...
Hi Tony, I have similar issues with my elderly parents so can sympathise with what you're going through. My father is 82 and has never been very keen on taking baths - even when he worked full time he only took 1 bath a week (although he did have a thorough wash morning and night too). My mother is ...
<t>Bowlingbun,<br/> <br/> I don't have power of attorney but luckily that's not an issue (yet). We did look into this a while back, but due to my father's dementia and drinking I'm not convinced any solicitor would sign off on a POA, because my father can't really follow complex conversations these ...
Wow - so many helpful replies already and such a warm welcome - thanks everybody! http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gif You've given me so much food for thought I've had to make a list before I can reply properly. Minnie: "...best to just go along with most things" - yes indeed, I know exact...
<t>Hi Staten,<br/> Sounds like you have plenty of cause to whinge - you've certainly had a rough time of things over the past few years. I know what you mean about trying to keep positive so as not to drive friends away... you end up discussing your own situation less and less, which in turn leaves ...
Hi there, I'm new to this place and have been amazed by the wealth of knowledge and advice around here, on all aspects of caring. I thought I'd post my story in the hope that somebody may be able to offer some pointers. My parents are in their 80s and have been (unhappily) married for 56 years. They...