[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
So true BB. I recently cleared 40 years' worth of Dad's papers from the attic - but he only lived there 35 years! So, he must have taken them when they moved house. Many were connected with the business he ran, when he was a switched on, active man. It does drive the point home about the vast differ...
Bit of a boring topic, but do you think the weather has been a bit odd this year? Down in Hampshire on the south coast, we often get more sun than the northern regions, but even so we had an awful spring, culminating in several frosty nights at the end of April, followed by mild but rainy/overcast w...
I second that BB, there is some logic to his thought process. Dad asked me where his car was recently. I said it's safe in the garage, ready for him if his health improves. Pet, the man watching his wife sleep may not be willing her to get better, he may be hoping for her to slip away before she suf...
Jenny, I checked the signature online and the artist isn't famous, but strangely enough the style is very similar to a another artist, and the names are very similar too. I wondered if the paintings might be by someone related to the famous artist, or possibly authorised reproductions, with an extra...
Penny, I'm so sorry for your loss. My mother passed away in January, and was very frail and underweight towards the end, so I understand something of what you've been going through. From what you've written here it's clear that you did everything you could to give your mother the comfort and peace o...
Thanks Pet. BB, this is all very familiar territory to you, and I think you're right about leaving some things for later, when I may feel differently. Before taking items to the charity shop, I checked values on eBay, in case there were any high value items. Often I found similar things listed for a...
Scally, I think you're being a bit unfair calling the Brexiters dim. I think it is more that large parts of English (and Welsh) society have suffered a lot from the problems of the economy over the past decades, they saw the referendum as a chance to get revenge on the government, and they directed...
Oh, that's all right then, as long as you're being equally racist towards the English and the Welsh! :lol: :lol: :lol: I love a bit of roast lamb... I also like lavender. But I'm not keen on Morris dancing. Oh dear, I don't seem to fit the English stereotype - maybe I'm not really English after all?...
Pet, we all get days like that, when we can't face being around the dementia sufferer, can't paint on the smile and endlessly answer the same questions, can't endlessly distract them when they ask those awkward questions where truthful answers would hurt them too much so we have to tell them white l...
I'm strongly inclined to pass on the financial implications of this problem onto the people who voted for it... the old: I would slash their pensions and benefits and let them roast in hell: they asked for it: let them get it. In my experience, most old people enjoy being roasted. Many times when v...