[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I think this week has been hard because sometimes out of the blue changes come, and I find that scary. The one person who knows me the most last night didn't know who I was for a moment. Still safe in the house, but an uneasy feeling about it. Perhaps I should stop trying and accept the inevitable ...
Thank-you DR. As you say everyday is different. Today, hubby had it in his head that the car was in the river?! I said it's not your car darling. Yours is safe, it has the alarm on . Then I chanced saying I think youve been dreaming. Reply " I wondered that". Then I changed the subject... By the wa...
By way of background... I am the "disappointment" daughter as I never had a fantastic career or children. Another story. My father... can be a very negative, critical, angry man - although to the outside world, he can be charm personified. I guess we all have good and bad character traits. My relat...
Yes, palliative care only. However, due to the morphine he seems to have regained his appetite a little, so may rally for a while. Thanks for virtual hugs, very welcome. Yes, I've had a lot on my plate over the last few years and the last couple have been pretty hellish at times. It's possible I cou...
I'm dismayed that you had to pay for a bed. This is DEFINITELY time to ask for a Continuing Healthcare Assessment. Have you asked the doctor or the home how long they think dad has left to live... So IF dad is very near the end of his life, then it might be better for CHC to fund additional staff a...
Hi Chris, My father is another man who would not qualify for a "Father of the Year" award, so I completely understand why you are unwilling to continue to care for him in your own home. Dad went into a care home over 3 years ago and once he settled in he was very content there and praised the care h...
Mrs A, I've not signed any top up agreement, but have paid for the bed and am paying for extra cover to help support him in the home. I'm reliably informed that our council won't pay to support him at that home, they would insist he is moved to one of their approved nursing homes. I could request a ...
James, it sounds like some members of your family have no empathy towards you or your mother, and considering the upset they've caused you it might be better to cut contact with them, rather than put yourself through it. I've cut contact with my horrid elder sister, as she's been so callous since Mu...
Well, Dad's situation is now becoming quite complicated as his needs grow. He keeps getting infections and has now become bedridden and doubly incontinent. He is reaching the stage where he may need the level of care that only a nursing home can provide, but we are loathe to uproot him as the staff ...