[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Partner and I want different things yet I don't want to be alone. My mum wouldn't have anything to do with him, she thought I could do better. To be fair, she made up her mind before meeting him and that situation caused a lot of arguments. I suppose he is glad that she is dead. I think maybe your ...
Thank you all for your support. I got through the funeral ok but was angry and heartbroken at the low turnout. Only 4 people - 2 friends,my cousin and her husband! I organised a lovely service, spent time writing the eulogy, mum's favourite flowers etc and hardly anyone there. Oh, that must have be...
Hi Jess, Welcome to the forum. It's no wonder you feel lonely - caring can be very isolating, which is why it's good you've found this place, where you can engage with others who are going through their own journeys of caring. It sounds like you and your husband have had a lot to put up with, at qui...
I've only just joined Carer's Uk and my mum has died! She has passed away 5 months after finding the first symptom of vulvar cancer. She was 90 years old one month ago. The last two years have been hell and mum went from being an independent woman who went shopping, to a shell of a person dependent...
I think a dementia widow will be very glad to hear from a dementia wife - you both will know exactly what you and husbands have been facing. Very few others, even if well meaning, will 'get it'. I agree, your friend will find you a valuable support and vice versa. Pet, I know something of what you'...
Jenny: In other words, the (deeply flawed) parent sees themselves reflected in the favoured child, and that's why they favour them. Yes, that was definitely the case with Dad and eldest sibling - they were so alike, she was like a female version of him at times! They kind of spoke the same language ...