[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place for support and guidance. There was recently a long discussion about the pros and cons of care homes: https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-and-advice/all-about-caring/why-do-people-send-their-elderly-parents-to-care-home-24864 The upshot of it w...
Social services WILL step in if a carer can no longer care. However, until you walk away from the situation they will let you carry on. The reason we end up as carers is because we care. Walking away from someone who needs care is very hard. In my own case I was signed off work with stress and used ...
An amazing group of family and friends, supporting Simon through, and living with the consequences of his loss. I'm pro assisted dying for people in similar circumstances, who make a personal decision. It was good to see the level of scrutiny that he had to pass through on the way and that the end c...
It appears that local decisions are made: 'Recruitment and selection procedures are managed by police forces at a local level, although a nationally agreed competency-based framework is applied'. (From Prospects link in my previous post) I suspect that they have to recruit according to quotas. If so...
Pleased to hear that, Tracie. Let us know how it goes.
Jx
A friend of mine went through something not dissimilar a few years ago. Her husband had left her and the four children to 'find himself'. They divorced. He wandered the world doing his own thing and left her to it. She did a great job in raising the children to adulthood. He kept in touch with them....
There may be equivalent qualifications he can take at college that make some allowance for his life experience. Suggest you ask for further details from the police. There will be others who left school early for other reasons and are looking for a route into the service. Edit: looks like an HND http...
I think you'd be best to take advice from a solicitor, Tracie. They will have come across family issues before. There's a statement in the PoA that says you are signing up to support 'the best interests' of the individual - not your own. It's certainly not in their best interest if a PoA who lives i...
Sounds as though the PoA was drawn up as 'joint' rather than 'joint and several'. I suspect you will need to get a new PoA done or go through the court of protection. I hope the solicitor can find an easier way through for you.
Jx
Welcome to the forum. How much does the uni know about your situation? If you haven't said anything already you need to open up to your personal tutor or programme/course leader. He/ she can then point you in the direction of the right uni support services. Fill in all the documents necessary to hav...