[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Delighted to see that my local newspaper has a four page pull out called 'Caring in Kent'.
What's happening elsewhere in the country?
Jx
Be gentle with yourself. As the others have said, your loss is still very raw. When I lost my dad after caring for him I realised I wasn't just bereaved but redundant...even though I still had a job, I was no longer a carer. When I went back to work I was numb and couldn't manage. My colleagues help...
Hi Philippa and welcome to the forum. You have already recognised in your posting that the burden of keeping things going is falling on you...and that money if already very tight. Yes, love can conquer much, but it can't conquer all. There is food to be put on the table and a roof to be overhead. If...
Elaine, good point. The PoA become null and void if the person nominated can't or won't do the job.
Does he realise the implications for you as his wife and that you MIL will be able to make decisions about him without you even being consulted? Perhaps it's time to have a frank discussion about your expectations of marriage...
IT is possible to revoke a PoA if it doesn't fit current circumstances. As it stands, it sounds as those his mother would be dealing with your husband's finances if he lacked the capability to do so. I suggest you talk to a solicitor. The first appointment is usually free.
Jx
My dad had CKD too. They kept a watchful eye taking bloods regularly. He was put under a consultant at Stage 4 but, being in his 90s by then, there was little to be done apart from meds etc. As things declined, he became weaker. I read up on as much as I could and realised that it was going to be th...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxjp-fkuc-U

Caring: the glass gets heavier and its difficult to put it down, even though you know you need to...
Have they investigated at the Falls Clinic? If not, ask your GP for a referral ASAP. It was eventually the number of falls that my dad suffered that led to him going into the care home. He managed to fall on his first day there and was instructed to press the buzzer when he wanted to move around. He...