Sarah, I'm sorry it had to come to this all round - but truly, that is terrible bullying by your gran, no matter - and as Jenny has said you are NOT a whipping boy - you are only trying to help, do your best, under very difficult circumstances. Hope you have been to the docs and hope they are helpin...
Sarah, Oh my lovely - you have no idea how your post here has made me cry. But PLEASE believe me - there IS light at the end of that awful tunnel. I found mine - you can yours. If you can bare to - try and find my thread on the newcomers part - it was called 'long time carer, struggling badly'. As a...
Hi All, I thought I'd start on new thread that followed on from the 'long term carer but struggling badly' one I started back in late October, as things have moved on so much from those dark days, thanks to the wonderful help & support I received on here. There *is* now dim light at the end of the t...
Trialing a new 'full time' live in carer today - (Molly can only do part time and on only 4 days) wish me luck!!! My bid for freedom starts here! xxx
Now that's started ringing alarm bells already Jenny.....if my mother can take back Power of Attorney at any time then I don't see much point in applying for it as her moods with me are so very unstable now. She's taken to the carer like a duck to water but views me as an evil outsider now I think....
Hi Jenny et Al... Christmas went OK - bearable with my lovely OH being with me for 1st time in 23 years :) and also because I have a wonderful carer (only part time sadly, as yet) in Molly who knows exactly how to diffuse my Mother's tantrums. She threw a complete barnstormer on Christmas morning th...
Thanks all - I'm getting stronger by the day. but still tired....tired of this never ending fight with her. She now cant stand the live in carers ( I love them!) we had a massive button pressing emotional blackmail session tonight, Mum has said she will take tablets rather than have care and that I ...
Hi all! Well, the 'big' day (groan) is almost upon us. Thank you ALL for everything you have done for me re both advice & morale, in what was undoubtedly the worst time of my life. Like most carers - we never think of own self & how we feel - its always about the person we care for. Nothing can ever...
Mother is on an anti pyschotic drug still but it appears to 'knock her out' in the evening then she wakes up at 2am not knowing where she is and off goes the panic alarm again. Am currently full of a cold and trying to manage on 4/5 hours sleep. She's a lot 'gentler' but wants me to be with her ever...
Hello all, First up I am SO sorry for my online silence of late. Been up to my neck since Mother finally came out of hospital last Tuesday. So there's good news and not such great news to impart..... Good news is, the delirium has gone and with it the extra vile personality. Life is far more 'pleasa...